FAQ: QM Evaluation Cockpit (transaction QGA4)
To create evaluations of quality inspections and quality issues (defects, notifications) with informative graphics, you can use the QM cockpit. To suit your requirements, you can adjust these graphics.
Using the QM-STI interface, you can export the selected data.
With Enhancement Package 3 for SAP ERP 6.0 (2008), evaluation of quality notifications and components are available. In QGA4 since SAP ERP 6.0 (2006), evaluations for inspection lots are available.
The following functions can be used:
Selection of inspection lots, inspection characteristics, and inspection results:
Both current and archived data can be evaluated, and the inspection results for several characteristics can be compared.
Creation of table views and graphic views:
A variety of table views and graphic views can be created and displayed simultaneously.
Definition of table layouts and graphic layouts:
Your own view layouts for tables and graphics can be defined.
Determination of key figures:
The suitable key figures for the tables and graphics can be determined by the system, for example, mean value, dispersion, and Cpk value.
Evaluations using quality control charts:
For the selected inspection characteristic values, all available control chart types can be used.
Export of data and view of the external evaluations:
You can export the data, evaluate this data and create reports on it in external applications using the QM-STI interface, and then import the graphics and key figures.
Evaluation of defects:
For the inspection lot, defects can be evaluated directly. Together with their cause, they can also be evaluated as notification items. To display the frequency of defects or causes, the graphic type, Pareto chart, is available.
Evaluation of quality notifications:
- Together with the causes, evaluation of notifications can be made.
- Evaluation (using the batch where-used list) of quality-related data for components or preliminary products for a material:
- You can evaluate inspection lots, notifications, and defects from the production chain for components. For the batch-synchronized display of the characteristic trend, a new graphic type is offered.
- The correlation diagram allows you to investigate causal relationships between individual characteristics for inspection characteristics.
Can I directly start with the analysis of inspection lots or notifications or components?
Yes, by setting a user parameter QG_EVAL_DEF_SELECT to one of the below listed values, you can skip the introducing screen:
- 00101 Selection screen for inspection lots, online
- 00102 Selection screen for inspection lots, archive
- 00103 Selection screen for inspection lots with defects, online
- 00104 Selection screen for inspection lots with defects, archive
- 00201 Selection screen for notifications, online
- 00301 Selection screen for components with lots, online
- 00302 Selection screen for components with notifications, online
Can I use predefined selection variants for the easier selection of data to be analyzed?
You can predefine selection parameters and set them as default via user or report variants. If this is the most common analysis, this enables e.g. to directly start with an analysis of quality notifications.
What types of selection capabilities are given?
- A new selection will be triggered, With push button "Selection / Choose additional selection". On an already existing selection, selected data will be added.
- You can adjust the user parameter for the default selection with push button "Default Selection".
- With push button "Repeat last selection", refresh the search, i.e. that the result from the last search will be refreshed.
- In order to create several graphics for comparison or correlation information it is also possible to select data of different types in a sequence, e.g. first you select inspection lots with defects and then notifications with defects. You can create a chart (e.g. pareto for defects) for both results and both graphics can be seen on one screen.
- By simply switching the data type (e.g. Inspection lots => Notifications), you can also navigate from one view into the other.
What it the purpose of the grouping layout?
Determining all relevant fields, and KPIs, is the purpose of the grouping layout which shall be visible in the analysis result. It defines grouping characteristics for aggregation within the tree additionally.
For further analysis in graphical or tabular form, the grouping layout is the basis.
This means, the layout might not show all inspection lots explicitly as individual lines in the tree after having selected inspection results. Using all specified grouping characteristics to aggregate them, it shows the selected inspection lots in a consolidated and sorted way. You just have to expand the view by double clicking the icon next to the corresponding line to see all lots which are symbolized in one aggregated object. Containing the requested data, this will open a table at the right side of the screen.
For example: Vendor and batch are in a layout. If 3 batches each are delivered by 2 vendors, then 6 lines of aggregated objects will be found (this result cannot be changed by the amount of your lots).
By every user of the transaction, grouping layouts can be defined.
How can a grouping layout be maintained?
- You start the transaction QGA4 in order to maintain a grouping layout and via the "Cancel" icon cancel the selection screen processing.
- With the hierarchy area on the left-hand side, the screen will then be displayed by the system. You can choose from different options to select, change, save and manage a layout from the 'layout' button in the toolbar.
- You can select which KPI's shall be calculated and displayed, which fields shall be displayed, and which fields shall act as grouping characteristics here.
What are view types?
Different types of views are supported by the QM evaluation cockpit in order to analyze QM data:
- For tabular representation of data table views
- For graphical representation of data Graphical views
- For integrated representation of analytical results from external systems external views
The customizing and corresponding implementations of Business Add-Ins define all the views. SAP has provided distinct standard views (see list of possible graphics below), which can be adjusted or extended.
See the list of Business Add-Ins below, for implementation details.
Can several views be displayed in one screen?
You can which is one major benefit of the QM evaluation cockpit, e.g. for better comparison or for investigating correlation of results display several charts in one screen etc.
Can archived QM data be analyzed?
By selecting the selection categories, currently it is possible to analyze archived inspection results
- Inspection Lot Selection w/o Defects (Archive) and
- Inspection Lot Selection with Defects (Archive).
For a future EhP or release, the analysis of archived quality notifications is planned.
What kind of graphics can be used? What is their purpose?
Available are the following graphic types:
The progression of the single values for a data node of the single value level is provided by this graphic. The system synchronizes the graphics in the x-axis, if you have selected more than one data node. For quantitative characteristics the run chart can only be displayed.
The history of results of characteristic values (quantitative characteristics) is provided.
A chart of a selected node for the characteristics level is provided.
Ad-hoc Control Chart:
A control chart can be created without planning within inspection characteristics, i.e. ad-hoc. According to customizing, different chart types can be used according to customizing.
A histogram of a data node of the single value level is provided. For quantitative characteristics only, it can be displayed. If the values were recorded with characteristic attributes it can only be displayed for qualitative characteristics.
The relative frequency of individual codes or code groups (dependent on grouping layout) can be displayed. It is offered for the data nodes of the defect, item or cause level.
Multilevel Batch Analysis:
The progression of the characteristic values relating to the batch, for one data node of the characteristic level is provided.
The correlation of two quantitative characteristics in inspection lots can be visualized.
In the correlation graph each combination of characteristic values that were created for the same inspection point, inspection lot, partial lot, and operation result in a data point. You can display a line to show the trend for purely quantitative data.
You should keep in mind if the graphic is supported for this particular node or element when creating a graphical view for a particular data node in the hierarchy. For example, for quantitative characteristics a run chart is only possible.
Can a graphical representation of results be adjusted?
By calling the function "Graphic Settings" via icon in the graphic view, you can make adjustments directly within the application. Here you can e.g. influence the header line, display or hide a trend line, the colours etc.
You can make changes via customizing, for general adjustments in the graphic views e.g. via Quality Management => Quality Control => Define Graphic Types for Evaluation of Original Documents. About provided BAdIs see also below.
Remark: If their PC runs on a Windows operating system, only then users can change the layout of the graphics online. This happens because of the need to use the Active-X-Control sapchart.ocx needs be used. As of SAP GUI 6.20, this control is provided. Users can use the free SAP "Graphic Designer" tool to create layout files if their PCs do not run on Windows. it is not possible to change the display online in this case.
Which KPIs can be used - ready to use?
There is a list of standard KPI's offered by SAP in the transaction, such as:
- Process Capability Index (cp, cpk)
- Standard Deviation of Valid Measured Values
- Arithmetic Mean of Valid Measured Values
- Number of Inspected Sample Units
- Maximum Value of the Valid Measured Values
- Minimum Value of the Valid Measured Values
- Number of Measured Values Above the Tolerance Range
- Number of Measured Values Below the Tolerance Range
- Standard Deviation from Overall Dispersion
- Percentage of Skips
- Percentage of Characteristics with CpK > 1.33
- Percentage of Characteristics with CpK > 1.67
- Percentage Within Specification
- Quality Score
- Number of defects
- Average defect valuation
- Cumulative defect valuation
- What kind of tabular views are provided?
- SAP provides the following views for tabular representation of QM data:
- Inspection Lot Table
- Partial Lot Table
- Inspection Point Table
- Characteristic Table
- Table of Characteristic Values
- Single Value Table
- Quality Notification Table
- Defect Table
- Cause Table
- Component Table
- Assigned Objects Table (for quality notification items)
Remark: Via standard functions of the used ALV control, the export to excel from the tables and table views is possible.
From where further detailed about the meaning of standard views provided by SAP can be obtained?
There is also an online help function provided in the hierarchy area within the transaction. You can access the documentation of the related table, graphic or external view via the info button.
What is a component? What kind of component analysis is possible?
Components of a batch where-used list (top-down) are components in QGA4 . Hence components represent material-batch-pairs (dependent on the grouping layout) or materials.
Therefore via batches and batch where-used list only component analysis is possible.
The relationship between individual batches of materials in a production process is represented by the auxiliary construct of batch hierarchies. Different batch hierarchies are present in different batches of the same material at the same drill-down level. Where the batch is contained in the grouping layout batch hierarchies are only relevant in such cases.
Can analysis of inspection results and defects at the same time be possible?
Yes, inspection results and defects related to inspection lots can be analyzed at the same time via the selection category "Inspection lots with defects".
You can e.g. create related graphics and list characteristic information and defects under the node inspection lot depending on the layout.
Can analysis of notification items and causes at the same time be possible?
Yes, it is possible with an appropriate grouping layout e.g. one pareto chart for related causes at the same time and possible after the selection of quality notifications to create one pareto chart of items.
What are the possible kinds of extensions or adjustments?
Several Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) are provided for QGA4 in order to extend the provided standard functionality:
BAdI: Data Summarization when Evaluating Original Documents
Data based on the freely-definable aggregate structure can be processed and summarized.
The selection and export of the data can be defined and executed.
BAdI: Definition of Views for Evaluations of Original Documents
Views for use in the transaction for general QM evaluations can be implemented.
Several view types can be supported by an implementation.
BAdI: Thin Out List from Batch-Where-Used List
To change lists that result from the batch where-used lists as part of the QM evaluation.
No standard implementation delivered.
Can my analysis of QM data be expanded by connecting QM Evaluation cockpit to an external statistics tools?
Yes, it is possible to connect to an external evaluation system via the open interface QM-STI (Statistical Data Interface) for further analysis of QM data within SAP ERP. For both manual statistical analysis of QM inspection results and for the automatic start of predefined statistical analyses the interface can be used.
External evaluation systems have to configure their interface considering BAPI SAP_QS-STAT_GRAFIC not using the QM-STI. In the QM customizing, this BAPI can be found.