»QM (Quality Management)
SAP QM (Quality Management)
Definition or Meaning - What is SAP QM?
Full form or SAP QM stands for (Quality Management), a consistent and comprehensive component that helps organizations implement 'corrective and preventive actions (CAPA)' ; brings about reductions in supply network expenses; streamlines the processes of "quality issue management (QIM)" and lays down the right platform for reaching claims against warranty costs and the brand; is an important SAP module. SAP QM components are responsible for actively decreasing the 'costs of poor quality (COPQ)' and positively influencing the reputation and overall revenue of a company.
In the present commercial scenario, just the act of offering goods and services is not enough –especially if they fail to be of good standards. As a company’s performance quotient and repute is marked by the quality of services and products that reaches the end consumer, it is essential to integrate the right modules and applications for maintaining the necessary quality guidelines. SAP QM provides effective solutions for eliminating quality related issues and offers functions and services which ideally support the company processes –from development and design to implementation, supply chain, product life cycle and more.
If automated in the right manner, QM applications ensure that products and services comply with necessary regulatory standards; products are uniform and safe; and company product specifications are met in totality. It ensures that the quality of services and products are in accordance to the specifications laid down by ISO 9000 for maintaining quality standards. Along with the above mentioned processes, SAP QM components and sub modules also enable continuous process improvement for bringing about enhancements in quality standards.
Quality Management focuses on the market requirements for quality management procedures, the business processes in a company, as well as data processing support for integrating quality management functions in the logistics supply chain.
The main task of a quality management system is to ensure that at every stage of the logistics supply chain, business processes and the resulting products fulfill the quality requirements that have been laid down for them.
The integration of the QM application component in the R/3 System allows quality management tasks to be combined with those in other applications (such as materials management, production, sales and distribution and cost accounting) and supports tasks associated with quality planning, quality inspection and quality control. In addition, it controls the creation of quality certificates and manages problems with the help of quality notifications.
Features and benefits of including SAP QM modes in an organization
- Segregated applications for quality activities and issues.
- Restricted usability with no “old fashioned” applications.
- Absence of role-based screens.
- Capabilities for cost analysis and cost assignments.
- Greater focus on compliance related issues.
- Disparate application landscapes –MES* , ERP, LIMS*
- Collaboration with diverse range of partners
- Flexible deployment and management of SW solutions and more.
Tasks covered in SAP Quality Management (QM) include
The comprehensive SAP QM task imparts training sessions for covering the concepts of quality management and an introduction to various tools that allow the integration of this module in various business processes.
- Quality Planning :The development and management of master data which is required for planning and completing inspections.
- Quality Inspection: Tasks related to the identification of factors which readily conveys whether an inspection unit meets/ does not meet specified criteria.
- Quality Certificates : These are essential documents that are used for certifying the materials used and contain values, texts and inspection results.
- Quality Notifications: The task of processing and recording internal/ external problems that arise from poor quality.
- Quality Control: A combination of results from quality inspections, specifications related to inspection planning and quality notifications from the point of view of quality control.
- Test Equipment Management: This part of the course relates to the management of test equipments and tools in the form of master data records, through SAP components.
- How to Extract Long text in SAP
I need to extract long text from multiple QM objects and have not found a good/easy way to find/extract this data. I am looking to extract the long text for batch classes (023) and also for the QM ...
- Tables for Quality Management
I require a list of Transactions and Tables used in QM.Can any one help me. If u have SAP system 1) Go to SE16 , 2) Type the Table TSTC 3) Execute . U will get all Trasaction Codes. I t ...
- SAP QM (Quality Management) Certification Fee and Course Duration in India
SAP QM (Quality Management) Course The important tasks covered in this module are of Quality Planning: the creation and management of master data that is required to plan and complete inspection ...
- Recurring Inspections type and Steps for using Inspections type 09
What is Recurring Inspections type? In Recurring Inspections type the system can automatically create inspection lots at predefined intervals for selected batch materials. In other words Recurring ...
- Control Key for SAP QM
This key determines which conditions are valid for quality management in procurement. If you activate the indicator for QM in procurement in the material master record at the client level , you mus ...
- Using Digital Signatures in SAP QM to Meet Regulatory Requirements
For many SAP customers, the “out of the box” functionality for digital signature should meet their requirements, particularly in closed systems. If another level of authentication is requi ...
- SAP QM Certification QUESTION & ANSWERS BOOK
Hi, it would be great if anyone provide me a reference or link for SAP QM Certification Questions & Answers. thanks ...
- QM Usage decision for inspection lot
when i give the usage decision for the inspection lot the message is created which shows the " All samples are not evaluated. Do you want to force the release?" I had used the total contain ...
- SAP QM Certification - Study Guide - Test Equipment Management
SAP QM Certification - Saplutions Study Guide - Test Equipment Management Objective of the Test Equipment Management Application Component- The combination of planning and processing func ...
- How to avoid creating inspection lot automatically?
I had set inspection type 04 in the material master . Now I don't want the system create inspection lot auotmatically, I want create it manual. How I can do that? Run TCode SPRO. Click on SAP Refe ...
- Reverse goods receipt postings from the inspection lot
You cannot reverse GR in Inventory only. You need to do the following steps :- Step 1. - Materials Management (MM) Create and process a return delivery with reference to the original purch ...
- QM Evaluation Cockpit (transaction QGA4)
FAQ: QM Evaluation Cockpit (transaction QGA4)To create evaluations of quality inspections and quality issues (defects, notifications) with informative graphics, you can use the QM cockpit. To suit you ...
- Stock-relevant lots in unrestricted use stock
In the material master (QM view), the 'Post to inspection stock' indicator is not set for a stock-relevant inspection type.Nevertheless, inspection lots which were created within a goods movement (goo ...
- Job Profile & Salary Package for SAP QM Consultant
Become a Certified SAP QM Consultant SAP QM certification is a valuable tool in the hands of professionals from different backgrounds. The coveted job profiles are those of SAP QM consultants, SAP ...
- Adding Extra Field On Notification
Is there a way to add an extra field on the QM Notification underneath the Subject section below the Coding & Description fields? The customer is wanting to add a Root Cause field and description. R ...
- Vendor Blocked for Quality Reasons
Getting error message while creating Scheduling agreement with one vendor: Vendor blocked for for quality reasons Message no. 06884 Diagnosis Quality Management has blocked this vendor as ...
- QM inspection lot sample size
If an inspection lot has many defects, users want to change the sample size to reflect 100% inspection, sample size is set by sample procedure in material master. However, I am not able to change the ...
- Turning error message to warning message in QM
when i post a transaction by using mb1b and movement type 321 it gives me an error message "change the inspection stock of material x in QM only. how can i do this. Can anyone help me. ...
- SAP QM Quality Notifications
The SAP System features a central notification system that helps you record and process various types of inquiries or problems. You can resolve these problems quickly and easily by defining tasks and ...
- Define Delivery Block
You can define the delivery block in SM30 - V_TQ04A In here, you define the keys to block supply relationships. Depending on whether the block applies to all materials or only certain material ...
- SAP QM - Overview
- SAP QM Certification Cost in India
- SAP QM Consultant Salary & Job Profile
- SAP QM Tutorial
- Digital Signatures in SAP QM
- SAP QM Consultant Qualifications and Skills
- SAP QM (Quality Management) Transaction Codes
- Define QM Procurement Key
- Control Key for SAP QM
- SAP QM - Overview
- Recurring Inspection in SAP QM
- Change Inspection Stock of Material in SAP QM
- SAP Quality Notification Process Flow
- TSCO Tasks of Notifications