This tutorial gives the details information about the causes and solution of why the datasource configuration file "config20.xml" cannot be uploaded onto the SAP Disclosure Management Application Server.
The configuration file "config20.xml" of datasource contains all datasources for datalinking in SAP Disclosure Management and the content of file "config20.xml" has good XML structure. But the datasource configuration file cannot be uploaded onto the SAP Disclosure Management Application Server.
There are three main reasons why the configuration file "config20.xml" cannot be uploaded onto the SAP Disclosure Management Application Server:
1. XML structure of the configuration file is not well-formed.
Sol. Always make sure that the XML structure of the configuration file "config20.xml" is well performed. In order to do this check, all the hints related to XML structure provided during the upload process by the exception message. After checking the XML structure manually resolve all the error in "config20.xml" file.
2. Datasources that are still in use for data-linking are not provided.
Sol. If because of missing data source definitions within the file an upload of "config20.xml" is not possible, then please add the missing data sources to the configuration file. The exception message shows all the missing data sources in the configuration file during the upload process.
3. Due to inconsistent datasource definitions within the configuration file.
Sol. The configuration file cannot be uploaded also because of data source inconsistency during the upload process.
Therefore to resolve this issue please note the following technical restriction is given for using internal datasources given below:
- The providing data cache cannot be provided in another data source as external if the data source is declared as internal.
- The upload will fail due to an existing data source inconsistency If the above scenario is given in the "config20.xml" file and you upload this configuration file. This is due to the internal data source cannot be existing twice at the same time providing the same data cache.
- If it is needed to provide the same data cache by multiple data sources, then those data sources must be declared as external, whereas you can have only one data source as internal.