SAP HANA Studio is a tool based on Eclipse which is used for developing artifacts in a HANA server. For HANA system, SAP HANA studio is the chief development environment as well as the key administration tool.
The key features of SAP HANA studio are listed below
- To enter native or distant HANA system, this client tool is used.
- The SAP HANA studio offers a setting for HANA Administration, HANA Information Modeling and Data Provisioning in HANA database.
- The SAP HANA studio allows the users to generate and achieve user authorizations, to manage the SAP HANA database, to generate new or alter current models of data etc.
The Perspectives of SAP HANA Studio:
The Perspective in HANA Studio can be selected by clicking on HANA Studio. After clicking on HANA Studio, the ‘Window’ option is selected. Then choose the option, ‘Open Perspective’ and then select ‘Other’.
- Sap Hana Studio Administration: Apart from transportable design-time repository items, common troubleshooting tools such as the catalog browser, tracing, and SQL Console are involved.
- SAP HANA Studio Database Development: This toolset is used for developing content. The DataMarts and ABAP on SAP HANA scenarios are addressed by SAP HANA Studio Database Development. However, SAP HANA native application development (XS) is not included.
- SAP HANA Studio Application Development: To host small applications, SAP HANA system comprises of a small Web server. Developing SAP HANA native applications for example application code written in Java and HTML, are done by the SAP HANA Studio Application Development toolset.
Read more about The Key Perspectives of SAP HANA Studio
Listed below are the platforms on which SAP HANA Studio is used:-
- Microsoft Windows versions x32 and x64 -
- Window XP
- Window Vista
- Window 7
- Window 8
- SUSE Linux Enterprises Server: x86 64 Bit version, Red Hat Enterprises Linux (6.5).
- Mac OS 10.9 or Higher.
Please note that for MAC OS, there is no HANA client available; however the HANA Studio is available.
Necessities that is required for the system:
In order to run the SAP HANA studio, Java JRE 1.6 or 1.7 must be installed. In the PATH variable, the Java runtime must be specified. For installation of SAP HANA studio, ensure that the correct Java variant is selected.
- Like for example, a 32-bit Java variant should be selected for a 32-bit installation.
- While a 64-bit Java variant should be selected for a 64-bit installation.
Download and install SAP HANA Studio in these simple steps:
In two simple steps, the entire process will be completed. This includes:
- Download and Install Eclipse:
From Eclipse Mars or Eclipse Luna, eclipse can be downloaded and installed. One should go to the Eclipse Mars site for downloading Eclipse as per the operating system. Open it after Eclipse is installed.
- Install HANA software (plugin) in Eclipse
1. Select ‘Help’ in the menu bar and then click on ‘Install New Software’ in Eclipse.
2. Add the URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/mars for Eclipse Mars (4.5) whereas add the URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna for URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna
Now, to display the available features the ‘Enter’ option should be pressed. After this, the “SAP HANA Tools” option will be selected and the “Next” option will be selected.
Please note that the “SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools” should be selected in case of working with HANA Cloud Platform.
3. One can get a synopsis of the features on the next page that need to be installed. Now, the option ‘Next’ should be selected and then the license agreements should be confirmed and ‘Finish’ tab should be selected for starting the installation.
4. A warning message may be displayed on the screen; however, the user needs to click on ‘Yes’ and get the eclipse restarted lastly.
5. A message will be displayed on the screen stating that HANA Studio is installed.
Thus, with these information and guidelines one can discover the world of SAP HANA.