SAP software download from the Service Marketplace Software Center 1 you want to download patches for SAP software components. Where can I find which patches?
Download via sapserv
SAP does not support the download of certain patch types via sapserv anymore. Use the Software Center on the SAP Service Marketplace for the download of kernel patches, frontend patches and ITS patches.
For the time being, you can still download 3rd Party patches and projects from sapserv.
Download via SAP Software Distribution Center
You can download patches of SAP components from the SAP Service Marketplace Software Distribution Center via the Internet:
You can also access area "SAP Maintenance" (which contains Support Packages and Binary Patches) within the Software Center directly via
The selection of the patches is made via the hierarchical product catalog on the right navigation bar. Select
* Your product
* Your product version
* The patch type (Support Package for ABAP components or Binary Patches for "Non-ABAP components"
* The software component
* For Binary Patches you can find an additional selection for the specifications of a component, for example the operating system
Additional information on certain patch types
* Support Packages
Note 83458 provides additional information.
* Kernel Patches
You can find additional information on SAP kernel patches in Notes 19466 (for Microsoft Windows NT and UNIX) and 49365 (AS/400).
* Frontend Patches
Note 96885 includes additional information on Frontend patches.
* ITS Patches
You can find additional information on SAP ITS patches in Notes 331407 and 335521.
* 3rd Party Patches
Under http://service.sap.com/swcenter -> Third Party Maintenance you can find corrections of external manufacturers (for example of databases).Because this area is still under construction, you can still access 3rd Party Patches via sapserv (Directories general/3rdparty/) for an interoperation time.
The Java-based Download Manager automates the download of a larger number of files. It provides the following functions:
* Download basket for the administration of the files provided for the download
* Support of Microsoft Windows and UNIX-platforms
* Downloads can be scheduled as "Background jobs" at night or on the weekend
* Interrupted downloads can be restarted again at the same location
You can download the Download Manager under
Select "Get Download Manager" and note the installation guide.
Note the section concerning the troubleshooting at the end of the installation guide for the solution of problems which might occur.
Simplification of the navigation: save favorites
If you frequently need the same patch type from a certain folder, you can simplify the navigation on the Service Marketplace by means of favorites (analog to the "Favorites" or "Bookmarks" with Web browsers):
* Navigate to the required folder
* Save this folder as a favorite:Select "Add to favorites" next to the navigation bar.
* The system displays a new window.Enter a name of the new favorites (for example, "Kernel Patches 4.6D LINUX_32") and save the favorite.
You can access your saved favorites via your personalized homepage "MyPage" on the Service Marketplace.
Help in case of download problems
1. The browser does not store the contents of files but displays them
Make the following settings at your local WINDOWS Explorer (not the Internet Explorer!):
Menu: --> View --> Options
"Tab string" file types
Button: New type
Assigned extension: car
Content type (MIME): application/x-car
Standard extension for contents type: .car
[x] Open after download (confirm)
2. Problems when accessing the SAP Service Marketplace
Refer to Note 81069
- Downloading front end patches
- Quick Guide to Patching your SAP System
- Steps to apply SAP Support Package
- How to Download & Apply the Support Pack from Service Market Place?.
- Downloading kernel executables vs. patches
- Downloading a kernel patch in the Service Marketplace, Software Distribution Center, sapserv
- SAP Patch Manager (SPAM) (BC-UPG-OCS)
- How do i setup SAP Basis
- How to Apply Support packs
- SAP Basis Support packages & patches
- Steps for Support Pack Upgrade
- download path for patch of ecc6.0 sr2 on windows 32 bit with oracle
- Mini SAP download
- How to apply the SAP MI patch 13.
- Major steps of implementation project of ECC 6.0 from Basis perspective?
- Download Steps for Installing ECC 6.
- Patches Are Not Updated With EH5
- Patch Application Error:
- SAP basis or SD
- Effective SAP SD PDF Book Free Download
- Step By Step Procedure for SAP BI 7.0
- Customization SAP Guide Free Download (Argentina Country)
- Tax On sales / Purchases Configuration Steps
- PS Configuration Guide Step By Step Process with Screen
- Basis (BC)
- OSS Support Processes Quality Management with SAP
- ABAP Query Step by Step Creation
- SAP Basis and Sucurity Administration
- Inventory Management Steps
Opening for Sr. SAP Basis Consultant @ Bangalore (Immediate
Exp :6 - 15 years | City : Bangalore
SAP with Portuguese & English Langauge Support | 3 - 6 Years
Exp :3 - 6 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP Basis Consultant | 3 - 8 yrs | Mumbai | Dynamix Balwa Gr
Exp :3 - 8 years | City : Mumbai
SAP Basis Consultant | 6 - 11 yrs | Pune | Xoriant Solutions
Exp :6 - 11 years | City : Pune
SAP Basis Consultant | 3 - 5 Years | Pune | TATA TECHNOLOGIE
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Pune
SAP FICO / SAP HCM/ SAP SD | 5 - 7 Years | Chennai | Hinduja
Exp :5 - 7 years | City : Chennai
SAP Basis | 2 - 7 yrs | Coimbatore , Chennai | Trigent Softw
Exp :2 - 7 years | City : Chennai
SAP Development Basis & Solution Manager | 12 - 14 Years | B
Exp :12 - 14 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Basis HANA & OSDB Migration Engineer | 5 - 10 yrs | Bang
Exp :5 - 10 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Basis Sr. Consultant | 6 - 9 yrs | Hyderabad / Secundera
Exp :6 - 9 years | City : Hyderabad