To lock or unlock a client in R/3 System, run the following function modules in transaction SE37
1. SSCR_LOCK_CLIENT ( to lock the client)
2. SSCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT (to unlock the client)
Run these functions with a client input which is to be locked/unlocked. This function set flag '' Client is locked temporarily for client copy" in client maintenance menu.The client will be available for users DDIC and SAP*. If any other user tries to login, system gives message that ' Client locked temporarily'.
To Unlock the client
1. Run transaction SE37
2. Enter the function module as SSCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT
3. press F8 or test run (single run).
4. Specify the client and execute(F8).
Follow similar procedure for locking the client
To Lock the client
There is no direct tcode to lock a client. the easiest way to Lock a client is
1. Run Tcode SE37
2. Type function module name SCCR_LOCK_CLIENT
3. Enter the Client No.
4. Execute the function module.
You can lock the system with "tp locksys " and unlock it with "tp unlocksys ". You can also stop the service, but then no one can login including yourself.
Locking/unlocking the entire system, an admin can use the following commands:
1. tp locksys <SID> pf=<transport profile>
2. tp unlocksys <SID> pf=<transport profile>