The steps described below are used to transport a report variant. They can be initiated from transaction SE38 (ToolsABAP/4 workbenchDevelopmentABAP/4editor) or transaction SA38 (SystemServicesReporting).
1. Enter the name of the program the variant is to be transported for.
2. Select menu path GotoVariants.
3. Select menu path VariantsTransport request.
4. Click on the Excecute button (or PF8).
5. You will be prompted with a list and a request to select the variant to be transported. Select the variant(s) to be transported and click on the
6. You will be presented with the 'Change Request Query' screen. If a Change Request has already been created for the variant transport skip to Step 8.
7. If a Change Request must be created, select menu path Request/taskCreate. You will be prompted to select a "category" ---> click on the 'Customizing' button. You will be prompted for a description. Enter a description and click on the yellow folder or press 'Enter'.
8. Click on the folder icon to the left of the Change Request to display the related "Tasks". Double click on the "Task" to be used for the variant transport. You will receive the message "The desired entries have been included in D20K90xxxx". Press 'Enter' once you have read the message.
9. When you are ready to release the variant, go to transaction SE10 and release the Change Request following the same steps as for any other Change Request.