During the workload analysis using transaction ST03 or ST03N, the same instances are repeatedly listed in the selection screen for the instances or in the workload tree, or instances are missing. The workload analysis returns the same values as a result on two different instances for example, the number of dialog steps. The problem is caused by a program error in the 'SAPWL_INST_SHORT' function module.These errors result in inconsistent entries in the SAPWLSERV table. This table includes the full instance name, the related host name, and a unique abbreviated name for host and application server. Due to the program errors, the shortened names are not necessarily unique. A correct version is delivered with Basis Release 7.0.
The solution of this problem includes several steps:
- Import the Support Packages that apply for you:
Support Package 28 (4.6A), Support Package 20 (4.6B), Support Package 10 (4.6C), Support Package 3 (4.6D), Support Package 42 (6.10)
Support Package 47 (6.20). Multiple entries that appear for 'INSTSHORT' in the SAPWLSERV table must then be deleted manually using transaction 'SE16'.
- The contents must first be deleted for the SAPWLSERV table to be set up correctly. As a result, various statistical data stored in the MONI table is rendered useless. This data should therefore also be deleted. Note that all performance data from ST03/ST03N is thus deleted.
Find more information on SAP Basis Transaction Codes
- Create the following report, which deletes the SAPWLSERV table first:
DELETE FROM sapwlserv WHERE LASTDAY LT '99991231'.
- Then create the following report, which deletes the performance data for ST03 from the MONI table:
DELETE FROM moni WHERE relid = 'AS'.
DELETE FROM moni WHERE relid = 'DD'.
DELETE FROM moni WHERE relid = 'SD'.
DELETE FROM moni WHERE relid = 'TA'.
DELETE FROM moni WHERE relid = 'TB'.
DELETE FROM sapwlmoidx WHERE systemid = sy-sysid.
Before executing the next steps, make sure that the background job "SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR" is not active (refer to note 12103). If necessary, schedule this job temporarily.
Then carry out the following steps:
- Run the report ZSAPWL_DEL_SAPWLSERV once.
- Run the report ZSAPWL_DEL_MONI once.
- Log onto each application server once and run the report RSSTAT98 in each case. This then creates the entries in the SAPWLSERV table. In the SAPWLSERV table, make sure that each of the entries in the INSTSHORT and HOSTSHORT columns are unique.
- Reschedule the background job "SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR" if you have deallocated it previously.
- As soon as the background job "SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR" is run again, the statistics collector collects the performance data for ST03 for each application server. To accelerate this activity, run the report RSSTAT83 manually. Use the transaction SM66 (global work process overview) or the workload collector log in transaction ST03 to monitor the execution on the individual application servers (SAPLSTUW program). As soon as a program run has terminated, start the RSSTAT83 report again. Repeat this activity until the current statistics are displayed in transaction ST03.
Read more information on SAP BASIS Tutorials