This is the first time smartforms are being activated in the new (freshly installed) server in the existing landscape.
After porting the readymade smartforms from the existing(old server) to this new server I tried to activate a heavily
coded smartform without modifying it. It got activated within 2 minutes.
But when I modified it and then tried to activate it, it took 2 hours to get activated.
Then I created a blank smartform. I Didn't modify this one, just saved as it is and after successful syntax check I activated it, it took 4 to 5 minutes to get activated.
Now, I create a new smartform, saved and activated it. (This is done in 15 seconds)
Then I just changed the form meaning from 'New Form' to 'New Form1' and saved. I do syntax check, and
its done immediately without any errors. And then I hit the activate button,
and it takes 2 to 3 hours(or even more) to get activated.
I tried the ready made report programs, new programs and other objects.
There is no such activation problem with those objects.
The problem is only with the smartforms.
This never happened in the old server.
This happened only in this new installation server.
I am not sure if this problem is machine specific.
About Architecture: This is a new server with Development and Quality
Assurance both reside on the same server as different Clients as 200 and
Kindly suggest a solution.