How to perform SQL Statements in SQL console in SAP HANA studio?
If you want to perform an sql statement, you ought to have the required rights to complete the stated action on the table or view that is being involved.
For this you have to do the following steps:
- First of all you have to open the SQL console.
- Next you to write down the SQL statement.
Read more about SAP HANA Studio, a Complete Guide
For this some kinds of rule must put on:
- You must have to write SQL statement in either one of the upper case or lower case.
- Next you have to merge the total number of spaces and line breaks.
- If you want to see the difference between the upper or lower case letters in database object name, for this you have to enter the name amongst double quotation marks:”My_Table”.
- Next you would have to use double hyphen like this – if are going to start the line.
- Now press CTRL and SPACE to work on the name completion.
- This will further help you in the selecting the schema and the table names, sql keywords and user defined templates.
- Next you have to define the templates in the administration console preferences, for this you have to do below steps:
- First of all you have to enter the numerous SQL statements, detached by the configured special character; it will be semicolon by default.
You can also read more about SAP HANA
- Finally you can perform the statement in two different ways, that can be:
- You have to select the execute within the context menu.
- Next you can easily select the execute button within the tool bar.