1) What are the different types of mapping that can be used in PI?
The various types of mapping which are used in PI are:
2) Is it necessary to create the partner profiles in case of file to idoc scenario?
NO, it is not always necessary to create the partner profiles in case of file to idoc scenario if you are doing it for testing purposes otherwise you have to configure partner profile to assure XI for receiver client.
3) What are the daily activities and responsibilities of XI Developer?
Monitoring after Go Live, troubleshoot performance issue when a ticket arises, on development part it will be creating BS, objects in IR, configuring in ID
Based on the scenario that what you are working in the low-level Working on SLD, IR, ID, RWB + developing the scenario’s+Documentation + Based on the requirements design + monitoring check + Performance+..etc
4) What Are The Activities For Sap Netweaver Xi Integration, Implementation, Post Go-live?
5) How to configure driver level encryption in PI JDBC Adapter?
The encryption of the data sent to the Oracle database is taken care by the JDBC driver and not by the PI as each and every database provides there own data encryption feature.
6) How to enable message compression on PI/PO system?
1.Configure message compression on PI/PO application level by setting the following two properties in NWA -> Configurations -> Infrastructure -> Java system properties -> Services -> XPI Service: Messaging System.
7) How to check the patch level of PI ESR contents?
8) How to view the payload of archived PI messages?
9) How to check if PI tables need to take consolidated statistics?
10) How can I convert an IDoc to plain text?
Create a mapping and keep only those fields(i.e. segment E1BP1011) which you want to send to the target. And do the Content Conversion then.
11) What is the use of the Integration server? What are the components in the Integration server?
This is one of the key components of SAP PI system and is used for processing of messages. It consists of three engines:
12. What should you do if the monitor tree disappears suddenly?
A visibility level (RZ20 -> "Extras" -> "Display options") helps in classifying each monitor tree. The monitor tree displays the objects which correspond to this level. The complete subtree is visible irrespective of the visibility level, if an alert appears for any object in the tree. This may result in the monitor tree to disappear post an alert is reset and the node is presented with a gray background.
13. What should you do if actions in the tree are executed for elements other than those expected?
When the monitor is saved, the selections for nodes are saved and retained in the tree (RZ20). Even if the selected nodes are invisible as the corresponding subtree has not been expanded; this will continue to happen. Thus, even if the selected nodes are invisible; these actions can be executed. The remedy to this is that one can click the "Deselect all" button and then reselect the required nodes again.
14. What should you do if the cursor position has no effect?
It is important to make a selection by setting the corresponding flag (checkbox) when analyzing the open alerts of an MTE. Here, the position of the cursor has no effect.
15. Where can you find Automatic refreshing option?
It is available in Release 4.5A along with the newest SAPgui version.
16. What condition is required for carrying out externalizing R/3 alerts?
Unless there is any further notice on an SNMP basis, the externalization of the R/3 alerts will not be carried out. This was not the case previously. Though, many partners (see SAPNet) offer agents which read the MIB and continue with the help of SNMP. For this purpose, SAP makes corresponding C libraries available. This helps in downloading from SAPSERV*.
To link external tools directly through the SNMP to the monitoring infrastructure is not a planned activity. However, in case of a possible MIB enhancement, the partners are notified.
17. How is Syslog threshold value maintenance carried out?
Syslog threshold value maintenance is carried out with Transaction RZ06 up to and including Release 4.0B not like other MTEs.
18. What authorization check is carried out within RZ20?
An authorization for object S_RZL_ADM is carried out within RZ20 to start the transaction. However, no additional authorization checks are carried out within RZ20.
19. What are the reasons behind the time differences in a system?
Time differences are caused when the time zones are not active. One can use 91667 and 0100442.
20. How should you monitor the Oracle database?
The Oracle database should be monitored in Release 4.5A from within Transaction RZ20.
21. What is EnqueueTime?
It is the time taken for setting a lock.
22. How to shut down the CCMS monitor architecture for an application server?
Listed below are the steps that are used to monitor an application server which is hidden in the display Transaction RZ20:
RZ21 ('Monitoring: Settings and Tool Maintenance') --> "Contexts/segments"--> "Segments". Select a segment --> "Edit data" --> Set the status to 'Offline' and save.
This helps in hiding the monitoring of the RZ20. The monitoring runtime environment remains (report values, possibly triggers alerts, etc.). If the monitoring runtime environment is shut down, the profile parameter alert/MONI_SEGM_SIZE=0 should be set.
23. What do users get only nodes with icons without node names and how can this be rectified?
This is caused when the monitoring segment in the shared memory is filled which prevents additional nodes from getting created correctly.
This can be rectified by increasing the profile parameters alert/MONI_SEGM_SIZE on the affected application server and restart the application server. See 135503.
24. Why could be the possible reason for Logical command as tool (RZ21) not getting started?
Select 'external command' in the tool definition under 'Call type' in RZ21 up to and including Release 4.5B. But, if a function that executes the logical command when starting the tool via RZ20 is missing in the source code of RZ20 then the execution of the tool has no effect. From Release 4.6A one can no longer select 'external command' in RZ21.
In some releases, there is a method CCMS_NT_EVENT in RZ21 which is proposed to execute the logical command Z_SEND_ALERT. This method definition can be deleted in RZ21.
25. In what way should you write a Data-Supplier?
Check the document stored on SAPNET:
"Writing a Data Supplier for the R/3 Release 4 Alert Monitor" below the alias System Management -> System Monitoring and Alert Management
26. What could be the possible reason if the current status of an MTE is red, but no alert exists?
Occasionally a node in the 'Current status' displays a red message but no alerts usually exist for it.
As the alert is finished for 'Open alerts' everything is green. But, as the last red message is still the presently valid message, therefore, the 'Current status' is still red.
Via RZ20 -> Properties -> Methods
'In absence of values deactivate after'
When a note is displayed in grey and if no new values are reported, one should specify. CAUTION: The node will never become inactive if this value is set to 0.
27. How can the specific nodes be set to 'disabled'?
The following steps can help in setting the specific nodes to 'disabled'
Like this, an entry is made in the shared memory for MTE and the alert generation is 'disabled'. Use the 4.6D kernel, in order to make this work correctly.
As of Release 6.20, this function can be selected through the below-given menu entry:
28. What is the dispatching method for data acquisition programs?
SAPSYS within the AutoABAP SAPMSSY6 controls short-term data acquisition programs. Nothing is required to be defined here. The long-term data acquisition programs run in the background job SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP. By pressing a button this job is activated; it is then automatically planned and activated. The long-term data acquisition programs run under the user (and relevant user authorization) are executed in the background who activates the background job as given below:
Technical Infrastructure-> Method execution -> Activate background processing. Please activate the background job once for each monitored system.
22. How to create a new method in RZ21 that executes function modules as methods?
In order to do this, the interface definition of the module must meet the necessities explained in the White Paper
'How to write a data supplier'.
For an individual module, use Module SALT_TOOL_REFERENCE_MODULE delivered by SAP as template.