HANA is the solution for in-memory computing. SAP HANA is a flexible data source that allows customers to examine great sizes of data in real time. The status of system resources and services that are running in the HANA system can be monitored with the help of SAP HANA alert monitoring. Whether the CPU usage is reaching a critical level, or FS is reaching threshold, disk is getting full are handled by alert monitoring.
The alert monitor can be used with SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM), SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO), and SAP Forecasting and Replenishment.
Apart from this the alert monitoring can be beneficial for various things:
- It raises a low priority or a high priority alert depending on the criticality of the problem.
- It helps to monitor HANA system and verify the availability of all SAP HANA system components.
- It is used to check all crucial component and services of a HANA system.
- It tells the key aspects of system health and configuration.
On the Overview tab of the Administration editor new alerts appear. To recognize possible developments and to assist the user troubleshoot specific problems this is used. One can also monitor past error and high-priority alerts for specific time periods, in addition to the frequency in which they occurred day-to-day and weekly.
Find out if the vital facilities of the SAP HANA database are presently active and the requests are processed how fast. Check the CPU and memory used by each facility, the requirements presently waiting for processing with each facility, and the active threads quantity. In addition to this, in the SAP HANA database check the details of transactions that are implemented such as aborting transactions, active and inactive transactions, etc.
See if any transactions are getting jammed. Recognize movements and troubleshoot problems by observing the SAP HANA system alerts for particular time periods. Determine if the server is using its cache well or if the cache should be resized to make sure its operative practice.
Usually the Alert details dialog box contains the following information:
- The time stamp for this incidence of the alert
- A complete explanation of the alert
- A list of previous incidences of this alert
- Information about how to solve the alert
Thus, in order to monitor SAP HANA DB with SAP HANA Studio efficiently, the SAP HANA alert monitoring is very much essential.