Setting up the SAP HANA MDC connection is divided into 3 stages:
- Determining the ports used (SystemDB and http(s)).
- Setup on your SAProuter.
- Setting up the service, maintaining the system data and opening the service connection on SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
Determining the server name and the used ports:
For determining the http(s) and SystemDB ports the procedure/role is:
SAPStartSrv/HTTP port: 5<instance>13
if HTTPS is used: 5<instance>14
SystemDB port: 3<instance>13
(e.g. if your system has the instance number 41, the ports will be 54113 (or 54114 for HTTPS) and 34113)
Setup on your SAP router:
Check the SAP router for which 'saprouttab' Route-Permission table is being used.
Create an entry of the form:
P <IP-Address SAP-SR> < host name Server or IP address> <Port Application>or with SNC coding (SAPserv2):
KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAP router, O=SAP, C=DE" < IP Server> <port application>in the corresponding table.
P 22.214.171.124 myServerHostname/IP 34113
P 126.96.36.199 myServerHostname/IP 54113
KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" myServerHostname/IP 34113
KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" myServerHostname/IP 54113
Generic entry of the type P * * * is not sufficient since the wildcard character '*' for the port only activates the ports 3200 To 3299 and none outside of this area. Save the changed file.
You have to open up the host and its JDBC and XS-Engine port in the saprouttab, for each tenant connected to the SystemDB, the required entries look accordingly:
P 188.8.131.52 myTenantHostname <jdcbport>
P 184.108.40.206 myTenantHostname <xsengine-port>
KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" myTenantHostname <jdbcport>
KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" myTenantHostname <xsengine-port>
With the command 'saprouter -n ' or restart the SAP router, import the changed table in the SAP router.
Whether the SAP router can reach the target hostname/IP address on the corresponding port and is able to resolve the host name in your DNS for each server needs to be checked. The network needs to be set accordingly if it doesnt.
On SAP Service Marketplace, setting up the service, maintaining the system data and opening the connection create a Service:
- Log onto Service Marketplace,
- Select the 'Manage connections' button.
- Select the required system by clicking on the System ID.
Create a Service:
- 'Manage services' button should be selected
- 'Set up Connection types' section should be accessed
- 'SAP HANA MDC' service should be selected by clicking on the icon before the service name.
The following data in the dialog box should be maintained:
1. First line: Enter the SAPStartSrv (HTTP/HTTPS) port 5<instance>13 ( see evaluation above ) Mark the HTTPS flag only if a secure HTTPS connection to SAPStartSrv should be used. Make sure the SAP Management Console is configured properly ( see note 1036107 ) and the right port ( 5<instance>14 ) was entered.
2. Second line: Enter the SystemDB port 3<instance>13 ( see evaluation above )
- Customer Contact: a contact person
- Copy the selection with the 'Transfer' button at the end of the list.
- Now navigate with the Back button to the 'Service connections - system XXX' view.
System data maintenance:
- The 'Display system data' (bottom of page below) should be clicked.
- The 'Other Server' tab should be selected.
- The 'Create server' button should be clicked.
- The host name for the SytemDB server should be entered - it is not necessary to maintain any tenant server for this particular connection type. The required data needs to be filled. Using the hostname instead of IP address in a High Availability scenario is a highly recommended. " SAP HANA Database" as "Usage" (server type) should be chosen.
- On the System tab, an additional SAProuter can be entered; possibly on the corresponding server page on the "Other Servers" tab required third SAProuter can be maintained.
- If two or more concatenated SAProuters are used in your environment, only then these entries for additional SAProuters are required.
- The entries should be saved.
- 'Manage Connections' button should be used to display the list of active services.
- 'Open/Close Connections'should be selected.
- You can open the corresponding Service connection by clicking on the icon in front of the service. In this case, the required opening time (default value of 8 hours) should be selected. the contact person manually can be maintained or the contact person from the list of registered contact persons can be selected. 'Save' button should be used to complete the opening of the connection.
- You need the Service Connector to open a network connection that has to be installed once on your PC. The SAP router is called by your Service Connector calls and connects to SAP's Support Backend.
After "Start Service Connector" is clicked, the configuration file stfk.oez is created. Choose "Open" in the dialog box. This starts the Service Connector and the network connection (VPN tunnel and ISDN connection, for example) between your SAP router and SAP's Support Backend is opened. Whether or not the network connection was opened successfully is indicated by the Service Connector. First install the Service Connector on your PC if you cannot execute the configuration file.
The SAP support should be able to login to system using transaction stfk once connection is open.