Identify the missing indexes in DB02 (which will reduce the performance without proper indexes)
Goto DB02 > Diagnostics > Missing Tables and Index
Check the objects that are missing
- For each table we can create 1 Primary Index and 4 Secondary Indexes these are predefined because of the huge table growth indexes are missed.
- Recreate them
- SAP Provides all the indexes (Predefined one(Primary Index) + Four (Secondary Index), we need to check if there are any missing indexes and recreate them if required in DB02/SE
- Objects which are missing are displayed in Red, select them and create in the database.
2. Select the database buffer hit ratio, transaction ST04
- The buffer hit ratio should not be less than 94%
- It is calculated based on reads
Logical Reads : The number of reads that are made to Database buffer.
Physical Reads: The number of reads that are made to Physical Database.
Hit Ratio = ((Logical Reads - Physical Reads)/ Logical Reads) * 100
Physical reads are increasing conclude that the database hits are more.
If the ratio is reduced we can conclude that DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS size is not sufficient or there are frequent updates on the system.
You can view more tutorials about SAP BASIS