1. Used to display the jobs based on job, username, date and status
2. It displays the job logs
By highlighting a job and click on Job Log
3. Do not kill the active job unless it is permitted by the owner
4. We can repeat the scheduling of the job if required
5. Background job out put is a report to a spool (Printer), fax or email or even updating a database (Eg. Client Copy)
6. We can move the jobs from one instance to another instance.
From Menu Job > Move to different server. (Consider the above screen)
Active jobs can be moved.
There are Third Party BTC Job Schedulers
1. CONTROL-M Scheduler
2. RED WOOD Scheduler
3. TIDEL Scheduler
4. SAP Job Scheduler
5. MAESTRO Scheduler / IBM
These Third party schedulers are not specific to SAP but we can customise these to SAP
These job schedulers are intelligent to work based on the status of Predecessors.
The tool defines when to trigger, how to handle various statuses and alert users accordingly.
Eg. KODAK Runs 14,000 Jobs/ day
HP Runs 20,000 Jobs/day
You can also get information regarding SAP BASIS