We want to resolve the total memory size for table growth of non-partitioned column table but we are receiving the HANA alert ‘Table growth of non-partitioned column-store tables’ (Alert ID 20 - Table growth of non-partitioned column-store tables).
you are getting this hana alert because of the following:
- The column table is not partitioned.
- The column table has a significant growth over the last hour.
- Initial load of data into HANA system.
To resolve this issue please do as following:
Complementary to the steps below it is recommended to define required communication between basis teams and application/end-user teams on:
- Communication of schedule and data volume of planned data loads
- Communication of authorization in case a load has to be terminated
Read here: Handling HANA Alerts And how it is related to SQL Plan Cache?
Please follow the below procedure:
- Please Check Alerts
- Please Check column store memory size in total
- Optimize Table Partitioning
- Consider to split the column table into partitions.
Please follow the below path:
- SAP HANA Studio - SAP HANA Administration Console – Alerts
- SAP HANA Studio - SAP HANA Administration Console – Open SQL Command
- SAP HANA Studio - SAP HANA Administration Console – Landscape – Redistribution
- SAP HANA Studio - SAP HANA Administration Console – Performance - SQL Plan Cache
Please refer to the attached document for more detailDownload attached file:
You must be Loged in to download file