How to determine different exchange rates (Price, FI postings and Conditions) in billing documents?
Following are the three different exchange rates in the billing document:
- Exchange Rate for Price Determination (field VBRP-KURSK).
- Exchange rate for FI Postings (field VBRK-KURRF).
- Exchange rate for Condition Currency (field KONV-KKURS).
1) Exchange Rate for Price Determination (field VBRP-KURSK):
This exchange rate is about the conversion of Local Currency and Document Currency for Price determination.
Determination of this exchange rate depends upon the setting of "PricingExchRate type(TVCPFLP-PFKUR)" in the customizing Copy Control t-code VTFL or VTFA.
Here are the various possible options
- First copying from sales order
- Second is Price exchange rate = Accounting rate
- Third is Exchange rate determination according to billing date according to billing date
- Fourth is Exchange rate determination according to pricing date
- Fifth is Exchange rate determination according to current date
- And the last is Exchange rate determination according to date of services rendered
2) Exchange rate for FI postings (field VBRK-KURRF):
This exchange rate is about the conversion of Local Currency and Document Currency for Financial(FI) postings.
In the case of manual entry in the sales order field VBKD-KURRF (Goto -> Header -> Accounting), it is copied into VBRK-KURRF. Otherwise, according to the billing date VBRK-KURRF is determined during invoice creation from the currency tables (T-code: OB08, OB07 and OB22). This is because manual entry has first priority.
In intercompany billing, VBRK-KURRF is always re-evaluated because sales order and intercompany invoice could have different local currency, so it does not make any sense to copy exchange rate.
3) Exchange rate for Condition Currency (field KOMV-KKURS):
- This exchange rate is about the conversion of Condition Currency and Local Currency at the price condition level.
- Mostly pricing date is used by the system in order to determine the exchange rate for the converting the condition currency to the local currency.
- Whereas for the copied conditions new exchange rate determination doesn't happen. Now in order to determine KOMV-KKURS based on pricing date(KOMK-PRSDT) for copied conditions while the process of creating billing then please check the SAP document 97487 and also for Intercompany Billing scenario, please check SAP document 367149.
- Now please check SAP document 92613 if you want KOMV-KKURS to be determined based on billing date.
- Please also check SAP document 22781 for more information about Exchange Rate Type used in the determination of KURRF or KURSK.