Following explains how to create a rebate agreement, test it using a sales order and billing it. Then settling it partially or fully using a rebate credit memo. Please use the basic procedure and tweak your IMG settings according to your unique requirements.
1. First requirement is that the rebate processing must be active for
a. the customer ( check in customer master) ,
b. for the billing type ( check in IMG > Billing > rebate processing > active rebate processing > select billing documents for rebate processing. )
c. For the sales organizatin:
( check in IMG > Billing> rebate processing > active rebate processing > Active rebate processing for sales org. )
2. Next create a rebate agreement For this ust T-code VB01. For the rebate agreement type you can choose either 0001
a. ( group rebate ) or 0002 material rebate or 0003 ( customer rebate ) etc
b. Enter your rebate conditions. Dont forget to enter the accrual rate here.
3. Now test your rebate functionality :
Create a sales order for the particular customer, sales org ( ensure that the billing type used in your sales order is relevant for rebate) . Create outbound delivery, transfer order to do picking and post goods issue.
4. Now go to Tcode VB03 and check your rebate by choosing conditions, selecting the condition line and choosing payment data. You will see that the accruals and business volume are updated when accounting doc is created for billing.
5. Settling your rebates:
Once your rebates have been accrued you need to settle the rebate.
For this first release the rebate for settlement by using Tcode VB02. As a trial basis choose B ( you can choose other settings based on your requirement) and choose Create manual accrual. Now enter the amount to be paid and save the rebate agreement.
6. Next display your rebate agreement using Tcode VB03.
Enter your rebate agreement number . Next choose rebate payments > Rebate documents and select partial settlement. Click on the choose button to note down your credit request number.
7. Use Tcode VA02 and release the billing block for your credit request. ( use item overview tab)
8. Now use VF01 to create a rebate credit memo by entering the credit memo request number and save it
9. Now release the credit memo to accounting using vf02.