FAQ: Independent Requirements Reduction/Withdrawal Quantity
Question: Can I determine which planned independent requirements have been reduced by which goods movement?
You can display the withdrawal quantity that was updated for individual planned independent requirements in planned independent requirements maintenance (MD62, MD63) or in the total requirements display (MD73). However, the information about which goods movements (MB51) caused the reduction is not directly available.
Provided that in Customizing for the corresponding requirements class of the planned independent requirements, you have also activated the update of the history for the planned requirements planning (OMP4, field HIABB), the reduction is updated in the history with the 'Abbau- ' processor. If reduction quantities are unclear, you should activate both history indicators in Customizing for better traceability. This allows you to determine at least on which days which planned independent requirements were reduced by which amount. For ERP 2004, the list output was changed to ALV. There you can include the time in the layout (history MD63 or output list '3' of MD73) so that a more precise comparison with the goods movements in MB51 is possible.
Question: Why do the goods movements (MB51) of one month not correspond to the withdrawal quantities of this month (MD63)?
You cannot ensure that goods movements reduce planned independent requirements for exact months. In the same way as for the consumption, the consumption periods (see 772856, question 8) determine which planned independent requirements are reduced. Due to the different workdays of a month, you cannot define a suitable backward consumption interval that:
- Is large enough to always reach the planned independent requirements for the month.
- Is also small enough to reduce a planned independent requirement that may exist for the previous month if the monthly requirement has been completely reduced.
Question: Can I set the make-to-stock production (strategy 10) or gross requirements planning (Strategy 11) to reduce planned independent requirements in the future?
For these planning strategies, the reduction occurs in the time scale up to the current date and the oldest planned independent requirements are reduced first. By maintaining the consumption period forwards, planned independent requirements are used for the reduction from the current date up to the number of days in the future entered there. The used consumption mode is not effective.
Question: Is it guaranteed that the same planned independent requirements are set up again during the reversal as those that were reduced when the document was posted?
No. The information about which goods movement reduced which planned independent requirements is not available.
Question: Is the withdrawal quantity copied to the target version during the version copy (MS64)?
No. The planning quantity of the source version is copied to the target version without changes and the withdrawal quantity of the target version remains the same (see s 390155 and 608176).
The modification proposal of 812592 allows a comparison. In this case, the new planning quantity of the target version is calculated from the difference between the planning quantity of the source version and the withdrawal quantity of the target version.
Question: Can I prevent existing withdrawal quantities from being deducted from the transfer quantity when the data is transferred to the demand management?
See modification 144513. If you are using the BAPI_REQUIREMENTS_CHANGE BAPI, the NO_WITHDR import parameter is available as of ECC 5.0.
Question: Can I change or subsequently adjust withdrawal quantities?
No. The update of the withdrawal quantities is linked to goods movements. You cannot change the quantities manually.
Question: What are common reasons for the reduction not occurring?
- For planning strategies with planned independent requirements consumption: Have the prerequisites for the consumption been fulfilled (see 772856)? Were there independent requirements quantities to be reduced at the time of the goods movement in the forward/backward consumption periods (planning quantity > 0)?
- For goods movements from inventory management (MM): Is the 'Independent requirements reduction' (PABKZ) indicator set for the movement type (transaction OMJJ)?
- For goods movements from SD (for example, transaction VL02) for reducing the make-to-stock production (requirements type LSF): Is the 'Requirement reduction' (PABKZ) indicator set in the requirements class of the customer requirement (transaction OVZG)?
- For stock transfers/transfer postings: A reduction does not occur for stock transfers in a planning segment. Only stock transfers between different plants, MRP areas and planning segments can reduce planned independent requirements.
- Is an MRP type that provides 'Reorder point planning', 'Forecast-based planning' or 'No material requirements planning' set for the material? See the modification of 68641 if you want to allow the reduction for these materials.
Read here for more about SD (Sales and Distribution) Interview Questions