What are the new features in the SAP HANA Platform 2.0
SAP HANA Platform 2.0 contains a central entry point for all of the information around SAP HANA Platform Support Package Stack (SPS) 12. It also comes with information regarding the new abilities and enhancements that are presented with SAP HANA Platform SPS 12.
Kerberos’ pre-existing JVM 6 encryption configuration is unfit to be put into operation with the new KRB5 version in SPS 12. Therefore, JVM 6 requires the configuration of a krb5.ini file (default file will do in case of Windows) or krb5.conf file (default file in case of Linux). Shown below is an example of the configuration you are needed to add:
default_tkt_enctypes = des3-cbc-sha1 arcfour-hmac aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 camellia128-cts-cmac camellia256-cts-cmac
default_tgs_enctypes = des3-cbc-sha1 arcfour-hmac aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 camellia128-cts-cmac camellia256-cts-cmac
permitted_enctypes = des3-cbc-sha1 arcfour-hmac aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 camellia128-cts-cmac camellia256-cts-cmac
It is important to note that you can also use the JVM parameter java.security.krb5.conf to spell out the specific krb5.ini or krb5.conf file which is to be used.
Supported Operating Systems
Following are the minimum operating system versions that are needed for SAP HANA Platform SPS 12 on Intel-based hardware platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA (RHEL for SAP HANA) 6.7
- SLES 11 SP3 / SLES for SAP Applications 11 SP3
On IBM Power Systems, the lowest operating system versions for SAP HANA Platform SPS 12 are as follows:
- SLES 11 SP4 for IBM Power
- SLES for SAP Applications 11 SP4 for IBM Power
Supported Hardware Platforms
SAP HANA can be put to use with the following:
- Intel-Based Hardware Platforms
- IBM Power Systems
When it comes to SAP HANA, most of the features, capabilities and options are supported on both of the platforms. This is inclusive of all the features, capabilities and options which were previously unavailable for the SAP HANA version for IBM Power Systems architecture – including multiple-host systems, as well as SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering. Given below is a comprehensive list of all the SAP HANA features, capabilities and the options that can be used only on Intel-based hardware platforms:
- SAP HANA Accelerator for SAP ASE
- SAP HANA Data Provisoning Agent
- SAP HANA Hadoop Controller
- SAP HANA Information Composer
- SAP HANA Remote Data Sync
- SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming
There are only a few select software components, products and add-ons which are supported in case of the SAP HANA database running on IBM Power Systems architecture.
SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference
- There is a disclaimer which is missing from the descriptions of 4 system views regarding SAP HANA options: Dynamic Tiering: M_ES_DELTA_MEMORY, Dynamic Tiering: M_ES_LOCKS, Dynamic Tiering: M_ES_OVERVIEW, and Dynamic Tiering: M_ES_TRANSACTIONS.
The note says, "Caution: This information applies only for the SAP HANA option cited in the title of this topic. You must have purchased the license for it in order to use the information contained in this topic."
- maximum_unused_inital_password_lifetime parameter - In this particular release (SAP HANA 1.0 SP 12) as well as in earlier ones, the name of the parameter is 'maximum_unused_inital_password_lifetime' (note the missing 'i' in 'initial'). In later versions, the parameter name shall be corrected to include the 'i', even though the use of the former spelling may continue to be supported. Nonetheless, the HANA SQL and System View Reference guide for the current release wrongly affirms that the rectified spelling is supported, although that is not the case. It is recommended that you continue to make use of the existing 'maximum_unused_inital_password_lifetime' (without the 'i') spelling for this particular release.
SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers
- The documentation which makes a description of how to set up for copying or moving a tenant database has an error. In the given description of the task "Set Up Trust Relationship Between Target and Source Systems", there is no scope to set the purpose DATABASE REPLCATION for a certificate collection by making use of the SAP HANA cockpit. This can be achieved only by using the SQL statement: SET PSE <collection_name> PURPOSE DATABASE REPLICATION. There is a description of this task in the SAP HANA Administration Guide and the SAP HANA Multitenant Databases Operations Guide.
- In the chapter called "Server Architecture of Multiple-Container Systems", the following statement has been issued: "Multiple-container systems are not yet supported by the SAP HANA XS advanced model." This statement is incorrect. The SAP HANA XS advanced model comes with provisions to support multiple-container systems.
SAP HANA SQLScript
What are the new features for SAP HANA SP12?
- Query Export
- Support of Global Session Variables
- Default Empty for Table User Defined Functions
- Signature in Anonymous Blocks
- Enhancement of System Views
Privileges in case of Query Export:
Under normal circumstances, Query Export requires the system privilege EXPORT. As for the SQLScript Query Export, it additionally requires the object privilege DEBUG for the all of the procedures that contain the queries.
SAP HANA Performance Management
Upon initiating the replayer service, when you run the following command over the target system, it will not trigger the replay but begin the replayer service:
- hdbwlreplayer -controlhost <controlHost> -controlinstnum <controlInstanceNumber> -controladminkey <userName,secureStoreKey> [-controldbname <controlDatabaseName>] -port <listenPortNumber>
It is important to make a note of the fact that wlreplayer is not a deamon. It is a process that should be terminated when the replayer service is no longer needed. You can use Ctrl+C to put an end to the process.
The replayer service reads SQL commands from the preprocessed capture and then it proceeds to execute them one at a time in a timestamp-based sequence.
Prior to beginning to replay a preprocessed workload, it is important to have a .cpt file copy kept in the tracedir location of the target system.
Once you click on Configure Replay in the Replay Candidate Details display area, you need to enter the necessary information regarding the following given areas:
- Enter the name of the host, the instance number and pick the database mode in the Target Instance Information area.
- Enter the replay admin user, the password for replay admin and pick the replay speed in the Replayer Options area.
- Enter the user name and password/secure store key in the User Authentication area.
- Select the chosen replayer service that ought to be used for the replay in the Replayer List area.
Installation of the SAP HANA Workload Replay delivery unit is not a requirement in case of the Workload Analyzer.
SAP HANA capture and replay is not supported with Power PC at present.
The opening of interactive graphics should be done in Fullscreen mode. The Fullscreen option can be found on the Helpportal which is located next to the print and download functionalities.