We all require tips and tricks on how to prepare for an exam which requires formal certification. Most of us would like to know the pattern of the questions, and would like to know what is the most appropriate training we ought to attend in order to pass the exam and finally get certified.
There are a couple of things which might come in handy for you and enable you to pass the exam and receive certification also.
- Decide the course: The first and the foremost is that you need to decide which application or course would you like to get certified in. Nobody else can decide this for you or on your behalf. Once you have chosen the course you need to have a look at few very important issues like the contents of the course, check out the duration of the exam, inquire about the passing percentage, number of questions which come in the exam and which all areas will you be evaluated and from where all can you take references, on and so and so forth.
- Finding about the appropriate level of certification: It is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to pursue an associate or a professional certification exam. The Associate certifications are meant for those people who are relatively new to the solutions of SAP solutions whereas the Professional certifications require a more relevant project experience along with and a more detailed understanding of the SAP solutions.
- Inquiring about the correct exam: Quite a few number of candidates very often get confused about the right examination which needs to be cleared to get a formal certification. It is always good to find out from all reliable sources about the type of certification that you require rather than simply following your instincts.
- It is good to get trained: In case you are new to the field and don’t know much about a field it is always good to receive proper training than doing self-study. There are many training options available such as online coaching and classroom coaching sessions. Depending on your convenience you can decide which one should you opt for. These are all held live and virtually. More information can also be received from the website of the exam which lists all the relevant details. SAP(Systems, Applications, Products in Data Processing) always prefers individuals getting certifies from SAP Education or from a SAP Authorised Training Partner. In many countries you can register on your own and simply write the exam. Quite a few certifications test the overall ability and evaluate your conceptual knowledge.
- Separate training sessions held for professional level exam and separate for foundation or refresher course. Only attending these trainings will not equip you to get certified it is recommended that you gain sufficient practical experience for increasing the chance of passing the certification exam. Looking to get certified in SAP, then the SAP Education’s Learning Hub is a very good option and helps you prepare for your certification exam, as and when feasible. All the Learning Rooms are solely led by the top instructors of SAP and these folks help you with your learning and preparation and also provide answers to all your questions and try and remove all your doubts.
- Good to always Plan in advance: It is a good idea to plan well in advance. You need a couple of months to be well prepared for clearing the exam. It is suggested to book your exam a few months before the start of your formal training
- You must always inquire about the syllabus: It is always a good idea to first find out about the syllabus for getting certified. All the topics included in the syllabus are listed on the website, along with the weighted value for each topic in the exam Topic Areas. This will help you to plan what all topics should you be focusing upon and prepare accordingly.
- Find out about the Sample questions: The SAP education always provides a list of sample questions; these are actually the questions which have come in the previous few years. With these the candidate can get a fair idea about the types of questions asked and prepare accordingly.
- Decide if you want to get certified or not? A course in SAP is no doubt cheap, there is a lot of money involved but at the end of the day it’s all worth it! A certification in SAP will give you the extra edge over the other who are not certified. Many organizations today even sponsor a part of the fee for instance they can pay or reimburse you the exam fee which is in the tune of USD 500.
- Should you be afraid in case you fail the exam? It is common sight to see many professionals getting weak in the legs right before appearing for the certification exam. If you have studies enough and covered all topics, there’s no need to get hyper and start panicking.
- Study enough….the only trick to study each and every topic thoroughly. A few months of study should be good enough and you should be confident about the preparation.
Things to keep in mind during the exam:
- Read each and every question twice: Many a time we just quickly attempt the question and move on to the next one, without realizing what exactly is the expected answer. While this works for the generic question but for some you may need to think twice.
- Use all the time allotted to you: in a standard SAP exam, 80 question are given which have to be answered in a time span of 180 minutes. While this is generally sufficient you should still try and avoid leaving early. Make sure the questions you were not sure of have been attempted without any doubts. You can see a countdown on the screen which will help you figure out how much time you have left with you.
- Make sure you have read the instructions of each and every question: many a time a times some questions may require two answers which in a hurry we may not see and may lose marks for the same.
- You can even bookmark question: the tool allows you to bookmark a few questions. This feature comes in handy when you’re not sure about the answer, this way you can get back later to these without having to go through all the 180 questions. While revising you can simply go through these bookmarked questions.
- The way the tool works you don’t have the option to see the progress bar. It only enables you to see how much have you completed in the current section. It is recommended that you keep a track of the number of questions you have attempted in a rough sheet of paper.
- Don’t learn the questions to later share with your friends: Some people have a habit of making a conscious effort of memorizing question during the exam to share with their friends. Don’t waste your precious exam time.
Right after the exam is over you will get to know about the result whether you managed to get certified or not, immediately. Congratulations on getting through, you have successfully managed to increase your market value. It takes typically 4 - 6 weeks to receive the hard copy of the certificate, from the of your exam date. If you still don’t receive it then contact your Local / Global SAP Education Team, they should be able to help you out.