The scenario described here is intended for customers who want to change documents both in the CRM system and in the R/3 system. For industries and country versions, solutions to this scenario are available on request only.
The following availability check scenarios are supported in the scenario for the interdependent changes:
- Delayed availability check:
You can carry out the availability check after the replication of the order in the R/3 system. The check can be carried out in R/3 or against SAP APO. The confirmed quantities are determined by the R/3 system after the transfer and are replicated back in the CRM server together with the reply.
- Availability information in SAP CRM against SAP APO:
You only retrieve availability information from APO without reserving the quantity. After the transfer to the R/3 system, the availability check against APO is carried out and the corresponding quantities are reserved. The confirmed quantities are transferred to the CRM system.
- Availability check from SAP CRM in SAP R/3:
The availability check from SAP CRM always uses the standard item category according to SAP R/3 Customizing. An item category that differs in SAP CRM is not taken into account for the check. Thus it is possible that the check returns different results depending on whether the check is carried out from CRM or directly in SAP R/3. The confirmations are sent from the CRM server to the R/3 system and stored there. The requirements are written by the R/3 system and the schedule line numbers are mapped between CRM and R/3.
In SAP R/3, only certain data that is relevant for the availability check may be changed if the availability check is active, that is, quantities and dates. If other data is changed, different results occur in turn.
Activation of the scenario:
- Settings in the CRM Server: Table SMOFPARSFA
Parameter Name 1: INT_CHANGE_ORDER
Parameter Name 2:
, for example TA
Parameter Value 1: A for activating scenario A for < sales document type>
Parameter Value 2: A for an APO activation
- Settings in the R/3 system: table CRMPAROLTP
Parameter Name: CRM_SCENARIO
Parameter Name 2: INT_CHANGE_ORDER
Parameter Name 3:
, for example TA
Parameter Value: A for activating scenario A for < sales document type>
To avoid errors, ensure that the scenarios are maintained consistently in both systems.
- Ensure that the master data and Customizing are consistent in the CRM system and the R/3 system.
- Archiving: Make sure that the documents can be archived both in the R/3 system and in the CRM system. Otherwise, data inconsistencies may occur.
- Printing: Set up the print function either in the CRM system or in the R/3 system, but NEVER in both systems. Decide which the dominant business system is because the dominant system contains the current data.
Read more about SAP CRM Transaction Codes