- Office Integration with regard to embedding Office documents inside the SAP GUI screen or controling Office programs by automation is not supported. However downloading and opening documents is possible, opening of course depends on the installed Office products on the client.
- Some ActiveX-controls part of SAP GUI for Windows used for special purposes are not available as JavaBean in SAP GUI for Java, for example
new ABAP editor (843289)
- Search help control is not supported (the old style F4 help window is used instead, offering the same functionality).
- Graphical Screen Painter is not available. The alphanumeric layout editor is supported.
- Gantt (ABAP class CL_GUI_BARCHART) and Net (ABAP class CL_GUI_NETCHART) Graphics are not available for embedding inside SAP GUI for Java like in SAP GUI for Windows, where these components are available as ActiveX controls. For details, see note 416139.
- Graphics Add-ons and GMUX are no longer part of SAP GUI for Java (as of version 7.20). Please refer to note 1418688.
- The Archive Link Viewer is not integrated into SAP GUI for Java. It is only possible to control external viewers by means of EXECUTE calls.
- Front-End Printing needs to be done using access method 'G', the new printing architecture for all platforms supported by SAP GUI for Java. See 821519 for details.
- eCATT is not supported.
- Localization of GUI texts is not supported. All GUI texts (e.g. logon window, options menu) are English in this release.
- Chart control : copy/paste is not available yet
- Writing Systems: Languages requiring bidirectional text in/ouput are not supported.
For information, on whether a specific transaction can be used with SAP GUI for Java, refer to the transaction classification (transaction SE93).
Platform Availability Matrix:
For SAP GUI requirements of particular SAP products, please refer to http://service.sap.com/pam.