In the standard SAP system, free-of-charge items for example, item categories TANN and KLN have the following settings:
- not relevant for billing
- without pricing
Find more SAP Institutes And Courses
This causes the following problems:
1. The system does not transfer costs (in the form of the condition type VPRS) to profitability analysis or statistics because no billing documents exist.
2. In the case of export transactions, the statistical value (condition type GRWR) must be determined in the billing document. As a prerequisite for this, normal pricing must take place because the condition GRWR is displayed as a percentage of a price.
3. In the case of pro-forma invoices for export transactions, normal pricing must also take place for free-of-charge items.
4. For intercompany billing (billing type IV), the system uses the condition type PI02 as a transfer price. Since this condition is a percentage, normal pricing must also take place for the free-of-charge item.
The option of setting the item category to statistical does not solve this problem.
A) For simple cases involving a free-of-charge delivery, it is sufficient to set the billing relevance of the item category TANN or KLN to 'A = delivery-related billing document'. As a result, the system bills free-of-charge items with the value zero and forwards the cost (condition VPRS) to profitability analysis and statistics.
B) For the solution provided below, free-of-charge items must have the following settings:
- relevant for billing
and with pricing.
If a 100% discount (condition type R100) is applied, an item becomes a free-of-charge item.
1.Transaction V/06: Create the condition type R100.
Condition class 'A'
Calculation type 'A'
Item condition 'X'
Manual entries 'D'
2. As of Release 4.0A, requirement 55 exists in pricing. If you are using an earlier release, create requirement 655 for pricing (program RV61A655, transaction VOFM).
3. Create a separate base value calculation formula, for example, 928 (program RV63A928, transaction VOFM) (as of Release 4.5A, formula 028 in the standard system).
4. Create pricing requirement 922 (program RV61A922, transaction VOFM) (as of Release 4.5A, formula 057 in the standard system).
5. Change pricing requirement 002 (program LV61A002) as described below. This change is included in the standard system as of Release 4.0A.
6. Transaction V/08: Maintain the pricing procedure RVAA01.
If you use a separate pricing procedure, proceed in the same way (other step numbers may apply):
a) Add the condition type R100: Step 799, print X, requirement 55 (before Release 4.0A, 655), base value calculation formula 28 (Release 4.5A, 928), account key ERS
b) For the conditions PI02 and GRWR, use reference step 400 (net item value before the 100% discount R100).
c) For the condition GRWR, delete the base value calculation formula '2'.
d) For all conditions after the R100 condition, enter requirement 922 if the system should not use these conditions for free-of-charge items. You may require the system to also calculate, for example, freight conditions (HD00, KF00) for a free-of-charge delivery. In this case, leave requirement 002.
e) Also, make sure that the condition types that use the 'Maximum condition basis' or 'Maximum condition value' function are also assigned requirement 922. Otherwise, the free-of-charge items would 'consume' the discount.
7. Transaction VOV7: As of Release 4.0, change all of the item categories that are used in the free-of-charge delivery (for example, KLN) or used as free-of-charge items (for example, TANN).
Relevant for billing A,B,C,F,G,H
If you are using Release 3.0 or 3.1, implement the user exits MV45AFZZ and RV60AFZZ and adjust the source code to the item categories that you are using. As a result, the 'Pricing' indicator is set to 'B'. Implement the user exit MV45AFZB, so that new pricing takes place for the order entry and the change of item category.
8. Transaction VOV8: Maintain the sales document type for free-of-charge delivery (KL) as follows:
Dlv. rel. billing type 'F2'
Document pricing procedure 'A'
9. If you want to create a billing document without an accounting document for your business transaction, you must remove the account determination schema (KOFI00 in the standard system) from the billing type.
In this case, we recommend that you create a separate sales document type and billing document type respectively (ZKL or ZF2 by copying the corresponding document types) and adjust it as follows:
Free-of-charge delivery ZKL
Dlv. rel. billing type 'ZF2'
Document pricing procedure 'A'
Billing document ZF2
Account determ.proc. ' '
10. If you do not want to specify any values for document printing, copy the source code from the program RV61AFZB.