What is Enhanced CTS (CTS+) Transport Landscape
In this scenario, the SAP HANA content is transported as another non-ABAP content. This typical basic CTS transport landscape consists of SAP HANA Source system, SAP HANA Target system and CTS+ Domain Controller.
Mechanism of Enhanced CTS (CTS+) Transport Landscape
SAP SAP HANA Source system
- Export function Available and we can directly attach the delivery unit into transport request
CTS+ Domain Controller
- Releases the transport request and transfers the exported Delivery unit to the imported queue of the target system.
- Import the ABAP transport request in the import queue of the target system results in the deployment of the delivery unit into the target system
SAP HANA Target System
- HANA Target system import request and deploys the Delivery Unit
How Enhanced CTS Transport Landscape Works
The below steps are followed in CTS+ Transport Landscape:
- Creating a transport request in the SAP HANA source system
- Exporting Transport while requesting Release.
- The content now leaves HANA source system and handed to Domain Controller
- And in the next step content gets imported to SAP HANA target system from CTS+ Domain Controller as a transport administrator.
Used cases for Enhanced CTS Transport Landscape
- SAP customers and users with ABAP-footprint and existing CTS transport landscape established for other non-ABAP content types like mobile content can be easily integrated into SAP HANA content development such as CTS Transport Landscape by using CTS+.
- SAP HANA content is used and handled like all other non-ABAP content.
Advantages of Enhanced CTS Transport Landscape
- It is and robust and powerful to manage, transport and distribute changes into complex system landscape.
- It acts as central management for ABAP and non-ABAP system.
- Integration in SAP process tools such as ChaRM, QGM.
Disadvantage of Enhanced CTS Transport Landscape
Separate imports for SAP HANA content and other content types.