The operational procurement and inbound logistics are nothing but they are the applications in SAP that are used for automotive. These applications will help you to plane the business procedures in obtaining the material that is managed by stock which is also be called as direct material, which is being processed by simultaneously with the original equipment manufacturers(OEM’s) using the first tier suppliers and second tier suppliers.
OP&IL permits OEM to work on the below steps:
•Help you to make a strategy on part level for materials with the help of material planning depends up on vehicle demand or special demand like CDK, spare parts etc.
•Helps you to issue amounts from the dealers rendering to deliberate material anxieties .
• Procedure and path inward ASN of the dealers and make them visible to the material planner.
• Perform the goods receiving on onset of the goods
• Achieve list and storeroom, built on amounts or handling units (HU)
• Achieve accounts of returnable packaging
• Fulfill supply-to-production
Supply-to-production starts with checking stock, exposed replacement and demand at the supply area (allocated to work center or line segment) and distinguishing missing measures. Observing and distinguishing could be done by visual check of stocks or with the help of supply-to production table with its replacement suggestions as user interface for manual replacement or in contextual task for involuntary replacement. The replacement is started by summarized JIT calls, used for internal replenishment by stock transfer out of warehouse or for external replenishment done by a supplier or a logistics service provider, responsible for supplier’s stock. The posting of goods receipt fulfills the supply-to-production process. The observing of stock in production on stream area level could be achieved with the help of Warehouse Management with its storage bins.
Proof of delivery (POD)
• Confirmation of real amount received, distinct quantity, reason for deviation
•It will be work once the goods issue has been posted for outbound delivery
• It will only support the delivery approvals for external customers
• Carry out goods receipt in several steps and only post partial goods receipt at first
Hope this article will help you to understand the above issue.
You can find more details in Sap Portal In India