SAP SD Country Version India (CIN) General FAQ's
1. Question : How do I know whether CIN is installed ?
Answer : Run the function module test j_1bsa_component_check with component as 'IN' and you should get a return code '0' and no exceptions. Before you can check this you should have applied SAP 411079 fr CIN 40A .
2. Question : How do I invoke CIN transactions ?
Answer : Best way to invoke CIN transactions is to attach the pre-delivered CIN roles.
3. Question : What are the roles available in CIN ?
Answer : Please see the section 'Roles' of the knowledge bank. Alternatively in an R3 system with CIN you can use the transaction PFCG (Profile Generator) and look for entries SAP_CIN* .
4. Question : Where can I get the CIN user manual ?
Answer : CIN user manual is now available as a CD and can be installed centrally and accessed by any user. It is also available in SAP's help portal at -
For 46C release:- http://help.sap.com/additional/cv_india/en/home.htm
For R/3 470 release:- http://help.sap.com/
Under the Documentation in the left navigation menu, click on 'SAP R/3 and R/3 Enterprise'. Select the language as English.
From the left navigation menu choose 'SAP R/3 Enterprise Application Components' -> Cross Application Components -> Financials -> Country Versions -> Asia-Pacific -> India
5. Question : What will the country install program do ?
Answer : The country install program (invoked using O035 transaction code) does pre-customization of company code '0001', so that you have default customization available for you to model further.
6. Question : Is there any pre customization available for CIN ?
Answer : There is some customization available for CIN as a part of country install. Additional customization is mentioned in the related notes. There is no pre configured client for CIN.
7. Question : Must I always run country install program after an upgrade ?
Answer : You should run Country install program only if it is a fresh installation with no customization. If you have already started building the org. structure and other process mapping then you must not run country install program.
8. Question : Is there an area menu for CIN ?
Answer : From R3 46B the concept of area menus are not much used in SAP. So it is preferable to use roles for accessing the CIN transactions. You can also use the area menu J1ILN if you need. ( Older versions of CIN had area menu J1IL)
9. Question : Where can I get all the transaction codes for CIN ?
Answer : There is no need to know all the transaction codes with in CIN. What is more important is to look at the CIN roles and how this can be used.
10. Question : How do I know all the authorizations given with CIN ?
Answer : Using Profile generator you can generate an authorization profile for a given role. You can use existing roles or build new roles based on individual requirements.
11. Question : How do I upload the CIN related legacy data at the time of initial upload ?
Answer : No standard tool or methodology for uploading CIN master or transaction data has been delivered so far.
12. When should I install CIN?
Answer: You can install CIN after the R3 upgrade is over at any time. It is recommended that you do it along with the R3 upgrade.
13. How do I restrict access to the various options under j1id ot j1it?
Answer: CIN has pre delivered authorization groups j1it and j1id. You can attach this group to the table using transaction SUCU.
14. How do I create new authorization groups?
Answer: You have to run a report RKSCUS09. Enter the authorization objects as S_TABU_DIS and then you can maintain new authorization groups under this.
15. Multiple users are not able to use j1id at the same time. How do I resolve this ?
Answer: Master data in CIN is maintained using default table maintenance views. This poses a restriction that only one user can change the data at any given time. This is because of the table level lock.
16. Can I run Internet sales with excise taxes?
Answer: You need to have separate pricing procedure to make this possible. It would be best to contact SAP product management group on this.