»BW (Business Warehousing)
SAP BW (Business Warehousing)
Definition or Meaning- What is SAP BW?
Full form or SAP BW stands for (Business Warehousing), a highly robust and scalable real-time data warehousing platform that captures, stores and consolidates vital information, is the first choice for organizations looking for accelerated operations. SAP Business Warehouse, super charged by SAP HANA, offers decision-ready intelligence for businesses and powers the data warehouse environment with simplified administration tasks, reduced IT workloads and a lower TCO. With real-time access to credible information, this widely used SAP module is used as an ERP tool and was earlier known as Business Information Warehouse.
It is an integral part of the SAP Net Weaver technology platform and enables Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) of varied data warehouse processes –in accordance to the business perspective of clients. Going a long way in providing solutions for data analysis, warehousing and reporting; it serves as an effective tool for extracting relevant information from large quantities of historical and operative data. The information views so generated are based on the specific business views of the organization.
Scope and Opportunity of a Career in SAP BW/ BI
SAP BW is basically a Net Weaver technical course and so it is important to have preliminary knowledge about SAP and the SAP Net Weaver platform before going ahead with this module. Further education in SAP BW/BI is in the interest of:
- SAP BW developers and system administrators responsible for maintaining SAP BW applications.
- End users with varying levels of interest in SAP business intelligence.
- Personnel with basic knowledge in SAP BW knowledge and requiring advanced data analysis and reporting skills.
- Business decision makers and analysts needing more out of SAP data and looking for better ways of improvising data productivity.
In general, along with those in the field of development, other candidates can also pursue this course, provided they are:
- Degree holders in B.Tech, BCA, or M.Tech (in any branch).
- MCAs with a familiarity of the concepts of ERP systems, databases and enterprise warehousing.
- Skilled in data warehousing, using spreadsheets and system administration.
- Professionals or students with certification in system administration courses or a DBA course.
Some institutes prefer to offer certification courses in SAP BW to only those who are experienced in SAP data warehousing.SAP professionals with appropriate knowledge of data dictionary, data warehousing and SAP Net weaver form the best audience for this course.
Become a Certified SAP BW Consultant
Certification in SAP BW offers ample opportunities for growth and opens the doors of leading technology and business consulting firms for eligible candidates. As SAP BW forms an important part of the Net Weaver course, it attracts a lot of attention and is linked to some of the most lucrative openings. The job profiles are of support analysts, SAP BW consultants and other specialized sectors in the field of data warehousing. These job profiles are custom designed to cater to customer requirements and offer support to end user queries and change requests in regards to the SAP BW Module.
In today’s scenario, companies are looking for experienced candidates with strong training experiences, good knowledge of business information processing and advanced skills in SAP business data warehousing. A certified SAP BW consultant can expect a salary in the range of 25K to as high as 750K; the amount being dependent on his/ her years of experience and skills imparted.
Re-Invent your dreams of delivering real time data warehousing services and in-context business decisions to client organizations. Join up today.
- What is Operational Data Store (ODS)?
It is operational data store. ODS is a BW Architectural component that appears between PSA ( Persistant Staging Area ) and infocubes and that allows Bex ( Business Explorer ) reporting. It is not base ...
- T-Codes for SAP BW/BI
T - Codes DB02 Tables and Indexes Monitor DB14 ...
- SAP BW (Business Warehousing) Certification Cost and Course Duration in India
SAP BW CoursesSAP BW courses are dedicated to the cause of imparting extended knowledge and providing the highest levels of technical skills in the field of SAP BW (Business Warehousing) performance a ...
- In which table TransType (transaction type) is stored ?
TransType value is stored in ObjectType column of according table. And there is no any special table with TransType values and descriptions. It could help you (not sure it's up-to-date):code NOB -1 - ...
- LO Data Extraction from OLTP to OLAP in SAP BI/BW
Data ExtractionData Extraction is the process of loading data from OLTP to OLAP (BW/BI).Here is an illustration:In a company, in which daily thousands of transactions happen all over the world. So to ...
- Defining a Logical System
Use The purpose of this activity is to create a logical system for your systems. To enable communication between systems within your system landscape, you must 1. Define the systems as logical ...
- Error Reading the Data of Infoprovider, database error 258
Insufficient Privilege Query failure in BWFollowing error message is coming When we run a BW queryInsufficient privilege: Not authorizedError 258 has occurred in the BWA/SAP HANA serverError reading t ...
- DBSQL_TABLE_UNKNOWN with report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL
Getting following dump while generating of SQL statements with report SMIGR_CREATE_DDLRuntime Error Long TextCategory Installation ErrorsRuntime Errors DBSQL_TABLE_UNKNOWNShort TextTable is unknown or ...
- Qualifications and Skills requires to become a SAP BW Consultant
Since SAP BW is a NetWeaver technical course it is better to have basic SAP and SAP NetWeaver platform knowledge before having the training in SAP BW. The intended audience of this course can be SAP ...
- SAP BW Info cube Dimension Tables
How to Clean up BW Info cube Dimension Tables?We are using the RSRV transactiondata test named "Entries Not Used in the Dimension of an InfoCube" to clean up unused entries in a BW infocubes ...
- Currency Conversion decimal places are not displayed properly in BW queries.
Why the decimal places in a query is returning wrong values, sometimes the amount might be too high or too low by a factor of 100.Solution:1. Option "Number of Decimal Places" in query designer:You us ...
- Opening Data Warehousing Workbench (only SAP BI system)
Procedure To carry out the activity, choose one of the following navigation options SAP BI Modeling ->Data Warehousing Workbench: Modeling Transaction Code RSA1 1. In the Replicate Metadat ...
- Important Tables in the Warehouse Management
Warehouse Management in SAP (WM) : Transfer requirement LTBK Transfer requirement - header LTBP Transfer requirement - item Transfer order LTAK Transfer order - header LTAP Transfer order - ...
- SAP GRC Risk Analysis and Remediation Configuration
SAP GRC Risk Analysis and Remediation ConfigurationAs soon as you are done with the SAP GRC Risk Analysis and Remediation you must have to complete the following steps if you want to use it:First of a ...
- Steps to install Business Content or Technical Content
Steps to install Business Content or Technical Content , as I would like t o run a BW Statistic Report on the Usage of Queries;Workbooks; and Reports - the report must contain - The DSO\'s ...
- MB5L report in SAPBW
Transaction MB5l which is also known to be as report RM07MMFI helps you to find out the differences amongst the material values in Material Management (MM), and all the balances of the balance sheet a ...
- SAP Data Services Overview
What is SAP Data ServicesSAP Data Services is a data integration and transformation software application for data integration, Transformation, Data quality, Data profiling and text data processing fro ...
- SAP Remote Services for SAP BI/BW
This note describes the preparations required to execute SAP Remote Services for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)/Business Intelligence (BI). To allow us to deliver a Remote Service session, you must pr ...
- Check BW Broadcast Settings
Introduction This program will look at all scheduled BW Broadcast Settings and check them. Looks for deleted favorites. Also, missing variants. Finds the users email for convenience. We decided to ...
- Standard Infocubes for SD
Now we have 2 options - 1. Modify the OLTP system for Activation of LIS and then use them as datasource. 2. Create generic datasource and custom defined Infocubes. My question is - 1. How ...
- What is SAP BW?
- SAP BW Certification Cost In India
- SAP BW Interview Questions
- SAP BW Training Tutorials for Beginners
- SAP BW (Business Warehousing) Tutorial
- Data Warehousing Workbench
- SAP BW Data Flow
- What is SAP ODS?
- TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED in SAP BW
- SYSTEM_NO_ROLL Dump in SAP
- SAP Error Dbsql_Table_Unknown
- ABAP BW Transformation Routine
- SAP BW ODS
- DataStore Object (DSO)
- Infocube In SAP BW
- SAP BW LO Extraction
- SAP B1 Transaction Types
- SAP Create Logical System
- Error Reading Data of Infoprovider