Asset with a cost of $1,000 has a useful live of 5 years. At the end of year 2, the NBV will be $600. At this point of time, there is impairment on this asset and it has to be written down to $450. An unplanned depreciation of $150 will be posted. Subsequently, the assets should be depreciated at a rate of $150/year for the remaining 3 years. However, current SAP configuration calculates depreciation based on the initial acquisition costs (in this case it will be based on $1,000 which will have an annual depreciation of $200/year and the asset will be fully depreciated before the end of Year 5.
A way is needed in which the asset written down will be depreciated based on the new cost basis ($450). Maybe a unique depreciation key is usable.
- Financial Accounting - General Topics
- Assets and Liabilities Closing Tcodes
- ASSET ACCOUNTING Configuration Steps
- SAP FICO Tree Menu
- System Tables in SAP FICO
- SAP FICO consultant month end activitys ?
- SAP FI (Financial Accounting) Module
- Minimum Configuration of FICO for Posting
- SAP FICO Certification Fee and Course Duration in India
- SAP FICO test Material for SAP exam Solution Consultant Financials
- Oracle Financials OR SAP FICO for MBA Marketing
- Showing Error in Asset Accounting Last Financial Closed.
- SAP FI (Financial Accounting) Notes
- Working in Asset Servicing, Now Planning for SAP FICO Certification.
- Assigned Cost Center and Internal Orders in FICO Interview Questions
- Need Discover SAP ERP Financials Book
- Asset accounting - depreciation
- FICO Data Migration Tasks
- Master Data available in FICO