Get here answers for frequently asked questions about the EBP account assignment.
1. Why does the system not issue a message stating that the account assignment is incomplete, even though only one General Ledger (G/L) account without a CO object was entered?
- In the SRM IMG: -> 'Define Backend Systems', check whether the connected ERP has assigned the correct release level, 'RFC' and 'Real time back end validation of FI data'.
- In the ERP, check whether an entry for the relevant company code - G/L account combination exists in OKB9. If this is not the case, create the missing entry.
- If no defaults are to be read from the OLTP, implement 668746.
- Account assignment default settings are read only once after the initial creation of a shopping cart.
2. Why do account assignment fields disappear again after I have made an entry?
- After you checked the document, the system should issue the relevant error messages. If this does not happen, open a customer message.
- If you have created user-defined account assignment fields in accordance with 458591 (or with 672960 as of SRM Server 5.0), check whether the CI_BBP_ACC and CI_COBL structures were created in the OLTP. In addition, check whether the BBP_CUF_BADI/_2 BAdIs were created. Temporarily deactivate the BAdI implementations and check them again.
3. Why does the system issue the message KI 235 'Account & requires an assignment to a CO object'?
- In SRM, you always have to post to a G/L account and to a CO object. Exceptions: Direct material scenario - account assignment occurs in the OLTP regardless of what was previously entered in SRM. For external requirements, the primary system is the OLTP from which the demand is issued and sent to SRM. In this case, account assignment changes are not allowed in SRM because this would lead to inconsistencies (in follow-on documents as well) when compared to the primary system.
- In OBA5, you can suppress the message or define it as a warning message. Since only error messages are transferred to SRM BBP_PD 047), the system no longer issues this message in SRM. Do not consult the FI/CO team when implementing the changes.
4. Why does the multiple account assignment that you entered disappear?
- In SRM, distributed account assignment lines are only complete if a percentage or a quantity was entered. Otherwise, the line is incomplete and is deleted again after you navigate in the browser.
- In the OLTP, multiple account assignment lines for the relevant account assignment categories must be allowed in OME9. Exception: For reservations, multiple account assignments are never allowed, regardless of whether several lines have already been entered in the generic account assignment screen in SRM. When you make the entry, SRM has no information about follow-on documents that may be created. Only the first account assignment line that is determined for each item is transferred to the ERP.
Read Here at SAP FICO Forum to Get Answers to your More Questions like this.
5. Why does the system display sometimes binoculars and sometimes a dropdown list for the search help of account assignment fields?
- As of SRM 3.0, the back-end input help (binoculars) is used for standard user roles (for example, SAP_EC_BBP_PURCHASER).
- Note that you are not allowed to assign a SAP_ALL profile to the user.
- If no authorization (authorization object BE_F4_HELP) exists in PFCG for the single role of the user for the enhanced search help, the relevant attribute entries from PPOMA_BBP or from the IMG '-> Account Assignment (table V_BBP_DET_ACCT) are read instead if these are maintained.
- If only one Customizing entry is available for the account assignment object (for example, CNT: cost center), the value is preassigned when you create a shopping cart. The dropdown box is displayed only if the value is higher than one. The following account assignment default settings for attributes can be used in PPOMA_BBP:
- Cost center: KNT (for example, CC) + CNT
- Order: KNT (for example, OR) + ANR
- Create: KNT (for example, AS) + ANK
- Network: KNT (for example, NET) + NET
- Sales order: KNT (for example, SO) + AUN
- WBS Element: KNT (for example, WBS) + PRO
- Financial Acc KNT (for example, FI) + (for example, ACC_FUND) and others
- You can make default settings only for the leading account assignment field of the account assignment categories and you cannot make default settings for an additional account assignment in the shopping cart. To make default settings for the additional account assignment, you must use OKB9 (cost center, order) or BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI (all account assignment fields).
- The default settings in PPOMA_BBP always set the CO object (for example, cost center) in the default values for items. You cannot overwrite the CO object with other values.
- Note: 618287 enables you to make manual entries.
6. Which SAP_APPL, SAP_BASIS, ADD-ON components can be connected to SRM?
- For more information about compatibility, see the notes that concern the SRM-EBP component and provide release information.
- The integration for the IS-PS/EA-PS add-on - Funds Management is ensured using the F4 help.
- Integration for RE Add-On - Real Estate Management is not provided for and should be implemented in connection with customer-defined fields in the customer project.
- Note: 931020 SRM connection to an ERP 2005 (ECC 600) back end
7. What triggers the account assignment update?
- The account assignment update is triggered by changes to account assignment key fields: Controlling area CO_AREA, company code BUKRS, function area FUNC_AREA, account assignment category ACC_CAT.
- You must use a BAdI (BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI) to implement other triggers and the relevant update of additional account assignments (in accordance with Note 790973).
8. Why do I not have to enter derived account assignment fields such as registered business area, profit center, and controlling area?
- Derived account assignment fields are automatically determined from ERP Customizing (for example, enterprise structure, or account assignment object master) in connection with item data for the document (for example, company code or plant). To avoid inconsistencies, you should not change the fields in SRM.
- Note: 1086757.
- Maintain all other account assignment fields that are to be entered in the browser in the IMG table BBP_V_C_ACCFC for each account assignment category.
- If you want to maintain customer-defined fields in accordance with HW 672960 from the structure INCL_EEW_PD_ACC_CSF, you can use the same IMG table to maintain these for entry in the browser.
9. When do I have to maintain local account assignment data?
- In general, you require the FI connection in all SRM scenarios (exception: test systems, MarketSet Procurement solution).
- Note: 945158.
10. May I use all the account assignment categories used in ERP also in SRM?
- Account assignment category U (UNKNOWN) is not allowed with back-end scenarios.
- The G/L account must be entered (exception: DP Direct Procurement Scenario), and at least one CO object (for example, cost center, order) with an active OKB9 FI/CO connection must also be entered. If these entries are missing, the system issues the error message KI 235 (see point 3).
11. Why do errors subsequently occur for the shopping cart or purchase orders in the RZ20 alert monitor after you order, even if you can correctly order at first and 'Real time back end validation of FI data' (see point one) is active?
- In the real time or synchronous FI validation (for example, BBPSC01, BBP_POC), sources run (META_ACCSERV_CHECKACCASSIGNMT) that are different from the sources that run during the physical, asynchronous PO transfer after you order (BAPI_PO_CREATE1, BAPI_PO_CHANGE). The latter may be subject to more stringent checks including Customizing in ERP and therefore may result in new errors in RZ20 (these errors can be also corrected in ERP in Customizing or by implementing the relevant ERP notes).
- In the field status group definition in ERP, check which additional SRM account assignment fields must match. Account assignment fields that are sent from SRM, must not be hidden in the definition FS02 G/L account, OME9 - Account Assignment Category in ERP. The problem can be solved in ERP Customizing. If required, you can also define new account assignment categories in ERP and map them in SRM.
- Note: 1000184.
12. Why does the system issue the error message ME 083 (Enter G/L account)?
- This error may be due to a missing account assignment view during product purchasing.
- Remarks: 707921, 748574, 798537, 952504, 910990, 1005615.
13. Why does the system issue the error message ME 038 ('No direct postings can be made to G/L acct. & in CoCode &')?
- You can set the message in the back end and can use OME0 or OMCQ to set it to warning.
14. Why does the additional account assignment in the detail view remain unchanged even though the account assignment category has changed?
- SRM does not hold any metaknowledge about FI/CO objects in the back end. For this reason, additional account assignments remain unchanged after the account assignment category is changed. If required, you can use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to change these additional account assignments (see point 7).
15. When or why is the account assignment index incremented?
- The system updates or increments the account assignment index when data is deleted, inserted, or inserted from the clipboard.
- This is required to correctly transfer the delta of an account assignment line in a PO change version to the back end.
- Note: 918450.
- As an alternative to Note 918450, create the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI implementation:
IF IT_ACC-ACC_NO NE '0001' AND
IT_ACC-DISTR_PERC = '100' AND
IT_ACC-DIST_IND IS INITIAL AND
IT_ACC-DEL_IND IS INITIAL.
IT_ACC-ACC_NO = '0001'.
16. Why is quantity distribution in service orders sent in value or percentage distribution to the backend?
- In the generic BAPI interface cost assignment of service item is converted per value.
Read Here for More SAP FICO Interview Questions.