Profit Center Accounting offers functions for subsequent data collection that you can find in PCA Customizing as follows: PCA Customizing -> Tools -> Prepare Production startup -> R/3 internal data collection.
When using the functions, note the following:
- Transaction 1KE8 (subsequent posting FI): Transaction 1KE8 updates the specified FI document again in Profit Center Accounting. The FI document line item information (table BSEG) is used as a basis for the update. For costs and revenues, a new derivation of the profit center occurs from the account assignment object. For balance sheet accounts, P&L accounts and expenses accounts, the profit center that already exists from the BSEG is used. That means that changed entries in the table 3KEH may not be taken into account (transaction 3KEH is evaluated only if a profit center has not yet been specified). However, the PCA user exit EXIT_SAPLPCRW_002 is executed and you can use this to replace old profit centers with new ones. Note that EXIT_SAPLPCRW_002 affects PCA documents only. You can also transfer MM or SD documents using transaction 1KE8. To do this, set the "Transfer MM, SD, and HR docs" indicator. If you select this function, the system also transfers FI documents that originally came from materials management (MM) or sales and distribution (SD). However, you may no longer have all of the information of the original document (for example, the invoiced quantity from the SD document); you may have the information from the FI document only.
If General Ledger Accounting (new) is active, you can use transaction 1KE8 as before to subsequently post documents from FI in classic Profit Center Accounting. Note that the data basis of transaction 1KE8 is the document line item information in table BSEG. The split document information is not available in classic Profit Center Accounting.
- Transaction 1KE9 (subsequent posting of billing documents): Transaction 1KE9 updates the specified billing documents on the basis of the data of the billing item (table VBRP). The FI substitution is performed, the profit center is derived from the account assignment object and the PCA exit EXIT_SAPLPCRW_002 is executed. Note that EXIT_SAPLPCRW_002 affects PCA documents only.
- Transaction 1KEC (subsequent posting MM): Subsequent posting using transaction 1KEC is possible only if you have activated the interface tables ACCTHD, ACCTIT and ACCTCR. If you have not activated the interface tables, the system issues the message "No documents were processed". You can then use transaction 1KE8 to transfer these documents. Set the "Transfer MM, SD, and HR docs" indicator in transaction 1KE8 to inform the system that you want to subsequently post an MM document using FI. If subsequent posting is possible using 1KEC, the FI substitution is performed, the profit center is derived from the account assignment object and the PCA exit EXIT_SAPLPCRW_002 is executed. Note that EXIT_SAPLPCRW_002 affects PCA documents only.
- Transaction 1KEA: When you execute transaction 1KEA, the profit center is derived from the account assignment objects again.
- Transaction 0KE0: When you execute transaction 0KE0, the profit center is derived from the account assignment objects again.
- Transaction 1KEH: Transaction 1KEH can be executed for the current period and the prior period only. In the case of differences, PCA has to be adjusted to FI using a manual PCA posting. To be able to successfully execute transaction 1KEH again, transaction 1KEL must be used and the origin object type must be set to 19. For an explanation of the calculation of the transaction data of a period, see Note 180906.
- Transaction 1KEJ: Transaction 1KEJ can be executed in past periods at any time.
- Transaction 1KEI: Transaction 1KEI can be executed in past periods at any time. In the case of a combination of an online transfer and a periodic transfer using transaction 1KEI, see Note 693885 (Releases 4.6B and 4.6C) or Note 693885 as of Release 4.7.
- Transaction 1KEK: Transaction 1KEK can be executed in past periods at any time. If you post valuation differences, see Note 124301.
Note that with the subsequent posting transactions 1KE8, 1KE9, 1KEC and 1KEA, the "check" indicator or the "reversal" indicator should be set. Otherwise, documents are created twice in Profit Center Accounting.
You should also inquire about other notes relating to the execution of the transactions specified above.