When is the CO substitution (OKC9) called? (exceptions see below)?
- In the course of CO account assignment check (for example, for entries for the coding block or for postings to CO via the accounting interface). In this context, consider the restrictions under 'Special features...'
- For manual actual postings (Transactions KBxx/KBxxN)
- For automatic actual postings as well as for activity allocations during a PP confirmation with large restrictions only (see below.).
Special features for calling the substitution
- In the settlement on the G/L account / fixed asset / material as well as in the goods receipt for the order, a substitution is only possible with restrictions. In this context, refer to Note 317894.
- In activity allocation (KB21, KB21N) or in the reposting of an activity allocation (KB65), the system prevents a substitution of the sender.
- In automatic allocations and period-end closing transactions such as assessment, distribution, periodic reposting, indirect activity allocation, settlement, overhead rates, accrual calculation, and so on, only substitution of the document header text as well as of the customer-specific fields is possible (CI_COBL) Up to and including Release 4.6C, this also applies to activity allocations triggered by a confirmation. In this context, refer to Note 45226.
- In external business transactions, substitution is only called if there is a cost element for the G/L account in the controlling area. If it is a balance sheet account WITHOUT a cost element in CO, substitution is NOT called by default.In special cases, the G/L account subsequently posted may not yet be known at the time of entry or of the account assignment check. This is the case, for example, for the travel expenses data entry or when you create a sales order. In this case, the CO account assignment check is called without G/L account specification. In this case, substitution is also processed by the account assignment check.
This point also applies to validation.
Find more information on SAP Fico Tutuorials
When is the CO substitution NOT called?
- For negative postings that is, reversals that do not consist of an inverse posting but of an inversion of the CO document to be reversed. In negative postings the system only considers the posting information from the document to be reversed, a 'derivation' via substitution is not defined. For example, negative postings are carried out in the context of manual actual postings (KBXXN), CATS transfers, confirmations or billing documents.
- For all planning transactions.
The exception is the planned settlement for which it will run as part of the master record check for the settlement receivers. However, only the information required for the master record checks is available there (no posting details).
- For balance sheet accounts
- For postings to balance sheet accounts without cost elements in CO
- For posting IDocs (CODCMT) via ALE
- For goods receipt or invoice receipt for the goods receipt/invoice receipt clearing account (account key = WRX/WRY)
- For reposting line items (KB61) for the old line item (refer to Note 103548)
---- Validations ----
When is CO validation (OKC7) called?
- In the course of CO account assignment check (for example, for entries for the coding block or for postings to CO via the accounting interface).
- For manual actual postings (Transactions KBxx/KBxxN)
(Exception: Sender of activity allocation, see above)
- For automatic actual postings (assessment, distribution, periodic reposting, indirect activity allocation, settlement, overhead rates, accrual calculation, and so on)
Special feature for calling validation
- The last point under 'Special features for calling substitution' also applies to validation. In this context, refer to Note 350966.
Read more on SAP Fico Forums
When is CO validation (OKC7) NOT called?
- In all cases in which the substitution is NOT called either (see above)
- In the follow-up posting mode of the CO account assignment check (see note 396189)
- For the allocations (assessment, distribution, periodic reposting, indirect activity allocation), validation is not called at point 2 (refer to Note 91005).
Is it possible to change the logic for calling validation or substitution?
As described in the last point under 'Special features for calling substitution', validation and substitution are only called in general if the relevant G/L account is a cost element in CO. The table below documents for any possible case whether or not validation or substitution is called and whether or not it is possible to change this standard response by means of a program modification. For example, it may be useful to call substitution or validation for down payments (case 2.2) if there is a CO account assignment for a balance sheet account. For this purpose, implement the modifications indicated with MS22 or MV22.
Case Acct AC assgmt Subst. Modif. Val. Modif. avail. call possible call possible ----- ------------ --------- ----- -------- ---- --------1.1 Cost element no yes no yes no
1.2 Cost element yes yes no yes no
2.1 Bal.sheet ac no no no no no
2.2 Bal.sheet ac yes no yes (MS22) no yes (MV22)
3.1 Empty no yes yes (MS31) yes yes (MV31)
3.2 Empty yes yes yes (MS32) yes yes (MV32)
Note: It is not possible to implement the modifications in the standard system because this changes the system response and may cause unwanted effects or errors for some customers.
Caution: For releases as of 4.6, two correction instructions are available because the context is partially changed by Note 595674. Use correction instruction 228361 if the note has not been implemented in your system yet, and use correction 526400 if it has been implemented.