- It provides runtime environment for SAP Applications.
- 2.0 is based on two tier which is built on Mainframes.
- 3.0 onwards and upto 3.1I it is based on three tier and web services are provided by using ITS.
- 4.0; 4.5A, 4.5B
- 4.6 A, B, C and D is kernel versions
(Mining, Textile, Chemical, Oil, Utilities, Real Estates, baking, Insurance... etc.)
SAP determined to bring all the components on to a common platform and introduced SAP Web Application Server (WAS)
The first version of WAS is 620 (A direct jump from 4.6D)
On 620 ....... ERP Version is 4.7E
On 620 ........BW version is 3.1C
Owner of the Database
- SAPSR3........... Upto BASIS 4.6C
4.6D is the Kernel Version.
- SAP ..... from WEBAS 620 to 640
It provides built in ITS to make application server as WEB Application Server.
- SAPSR3 from WEBAS 700
It is a Netweaver (640...... 700...........710).
Next Level of WAS is 640
ERP - ECC 5.0
BW - 3.5
SCM - 4.0
CRM - 4.0
2.0, 3.0, 3.1 are BW Versions
2.0, 3.0, APO are SCM Versions
2.0, 3.0, SRM are SRM Versions
XI - 3.0
EP - 6.0
Next level of WAS is 700
ERP - ECC6.0
BW - BI7.0
EP - EP7.0
XI - PI7.0
SRM - 5.0
CRM - 5.0
Install ABAP(CI, DBI), JAVA add on. Install Central System Installation (Select Usage type during Installation)
R/3 Setup is used to install SAP upto Versions Basis 4.6C
SAPINST introduced in WEB Application Server 620-640. Interactive SAPINST is to modify the inputs move front and back to review the inputs introduced in WAS700.
BASIS only Non-Unicode
From SAPWEBAS 640 unicode is introduced.
Run directory is used to host executables of kernel upto 640 where as OS version (NTI386, AMD64, IA64) with UC/ NUC is available in version 700.
OLD: The database table spaces are 27 which ends with D(Data) and I(Index)..[SAPR3] owner.
The database contains only 6 tablespaces(Physical Location) in 640 owner is SAP
SQL> Select tablespace_name from dba_tablespaces.
The database contains only 8 tablespaces in 700. Owner is SAPSR3 for ABAP engine and SAPSR3DB is for JAVA Engine.
SYSTEM - Database Related
PSAPUNDO - For Roll Back
SYSAUX - From Oracle Log for Administration
PSAPTEMP - Temp Storage Memory
PSAPSR3 - Component Specific
PSAPSR3700 - Version Specific
PSAPSR3USR - USER RELATED Info
PSAPSR3DB - JAVA Specific DB
Based on Windows and JAVA
SQL> select username from DBA_USERS;
Database Users (DDIC and SAP* are SAP Users resides in USR02 Table)
SQL> select count(*) from DBA_USERS where owner = 'SAPSR3';
SQL> select count(*) from SAPSR3.DD02L;
SQL> select count(*) , owner from DBA_USERS group by owner;
Eg. [CDCLS] Cluster Table.
The difference is because of --
Components: BASIS BASIS+ERP
It is a storage. It is used to store the data in the hard disk.
We can also store the data in terms of file system like test.txt, test.pdf, test.doc, test.rtf, test.xls, test.ppt, test.pps
Disadvantage of the file system
1. The data is not in the organized format.
2. There are no indexes to search the data.
3. The data does not follow the LUW concept and so it is not consistent and reliable.
4. The version management will be difficult and time consuming to get the required/ identify the file.
5. The backup management and reorganization is not available.
These are the reasons for the evolution of DB.
Database: Used to store the data in the organized format and it has to follow RDBMS rules (Relational Database Management System)
- Data is stored in terms of tables (Tables contain rows and columns). Columns are headers and rows are the data.
- Duplication of data is avoided and uniqueness is obtained by using primary and
- Data search is faster by using indexes (based on Keys)
Eg: As in windows we can create as many folders and subfolders with the same name and the search criteria depends on the search string.
- Database has its own structure to manage the data using the database specific binaries and libraries.
Oracle/bin; mssql/bin; db2/bin;
Oracle/lib; mssql/lib; db2/lib;
- Database provides tools for backup management, reorganization, restore and recovery
- Databases follow RDBMS rules to achieve consistency, reliability and transaction LUW.
LUW - Logic unit of work.
It consists of one or more transactions that are bundled together which can be committed as a group or rollback without any data loss.
RFQ(Approved) - Sales Order
Purchase Req - FI Dept (Approval) - Purchase Order - Tenders (Contractors)
(Eg: Purchase Order, Sales Order, Invoice, GR(Goods Receipt), GI (Goods Issued) AP (Account Payables), AR (Account Receivables)
- Data is normalized and denormalised according to the requirements of the customer.
Process of splitting up the larger tables into smaller tables using primary keys and secondary keys... ERP(ECC6), SRM.
Databases are normalized.
Process of grouping smaller tables into larger tables for having data comprehensively available for analysis and reporting BIW.
[SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, MODIFY, DELETE]
Heap Memory - Part of the Physical Memory (RAM Memory)
Physical Memory - RAM
Virtual Memory - Part of the Memory from the Hard disk
Bin - Points to the target system
BIN contains default.pfl
Disp+exe ( PING, Etc Entry, Any Kernel upgrade has been done (DEV_DISP.log)
You can view more tutorials about SAP BASIS