1. Download the installation guide from the Market place
2. Check the compatibility of OS and DB
Windows 2003 - MS SQL Server
2000 Adv. Server
Or 2008 - Oracle
Linux - Oracle 10.2.0.2
- DB/2 8
3. Download the software from
4. Search for the known problems in
5. Install the OS with relevant support packs/ Fix packs etc.
6. Install JRE 1.4.2_12 (Java Run time environment) to run the sap inst screens
7. Set the JAVA environment variable JAVA_HOME or path
Check java -version
8. Set the virtual memory to 20GB on windows
20GB swap memory on HP Unix machines.
If RAM is more than 20GB then 20GB * 3 = 60GB
9. Set the host name which should not be more than 13 characters
10. Make an entry in the host file etc/hosts.
11. Ensure that the installation ports 21212, 21213 are not blocked
(Need to inform Network Admin or Proxy Admin not to block the ports)
12. Ensure that 3200, 3300, 3600, 4700, 4800 series ports are not blocked.
(DVEBMGS utilises these ports)
13. Dump the software into the system. The folders should not contain spaces,
Special characters etc (Eg NWDump or Newfolder - all one word), underscores
14. Verify the software using LABEL.ASC
15. Get the private static IP address from the Network team (192., 172., 10. networks)
16. Ensure that internet connection is available with a valid S-Userid.
ERP 2005 - ECC6
ERP 2004 - ECC5
- My companies Application component
- ERP 6.0
Select the Database
From Downloads Tab - Select the components Exports, Kernels, JAVA
SR1 - SR2 - SR3 -EHP1 - EHP2
Click on download to basket
Market place > Help and Support > Search for Notes
JRE is must as the SAP Screens are developed on JAVA Platform
Virtual Memory: [Extended memory towards HDD]
Need to set the virtual memory
RAM size * 3 + 500MB/ 1GB [32 Bit]
Select the drive where SAP is going to be installed.
Set the host name
Cmd > drivers > etc\hosts
IP Address Hostname
T1 Shopper Port scan - To check whether these ports are open or blocked.
You can view more tutorials about SAP BASIS