What are the steps of Setting up Operations Modes
Operation modes can be defined to suit specific system requirements to provide additional dialog or background processing resources during a particular period of time without having to restart the SAP System.
Setting up operations mode:
- Choose Administration -> CCMS -> Configuration -> Operation Modes/Instances, or call transaction RZ04
- Create a new operation mode (which can be switched automatically)
- Operation Mode -> Create.
- Enter the Name of the Operations Mode:
- Enter the description of the Operations Mode:
- Enter the Monitoring Variant: SAP_DEFAULT
- Repeat above steps for more operations modes.
- Create Instance Data and maintain work process distribution
- Operation Mode -> Maintain instances -> Operation Mode View
- Instance -> Create New Instance
Enter the following data:
- Hostname of the SAP Server
- Instance Number (xx)
- Start Profile of the SAP Server
- Instance Profile of the SAP Server
- Click on the Save icon
Maintain Work Process Distribution for operation modes:
- Select the Operation Mode
- Adjust the Work Process Distribution for the selected operation mode
- Repeat the above for all the operation modes.
Maintain the operation mode timetable:
- Choose CCMS -> Configuration -> Operation mode timetable. Alternatively, call Transaction SM63
- Choose Normal operation (24 hr), and Change.
- Double-click on the start time and end time that is required for an operation mode.
- Choose Assign to assign these times to the operation mode.
- Enter the name of the operation mode to be active for the time period that is defined.
- Save the changes.
- Assign time range to other operation modes.
- Finally, save the table.