As soon as you want to take back online backup to tape you must have to start the tape with the block size. First of all you have to initialize the backup tape using the execution of the following command under<Sid>adm or db2<Sid>user to db2 start tape on /dev/rst0 with help of 4096. After completing the further step you would have to execute the following command that will help you in performing online backup to tape.
As soon as you are taking the backup of your settings for database and for the database manager configuration parameters DB2@ server migration .Which will help you to verify DB2 server behavior after the time of migration, and to re-produce instances and databases. With the help of this you would be able to collect the information from your DB2 servers related to your database system catalogs, DB2 registry variables settings will explain all the data that is related to table and the information that is being diagnosed will support you for problem determination while using any post-migration in the database manager and behavior or performance.
For taking the backup you have to do following steps:
- First of all you have to migrate all your databases related to your entire instance using db2support command which will further help you to gather all the information from your DB2 servers. The following command will be used:
Db2support output-directory -d database-name -cl 0
- Next you have to take the backup of the information related to all your packages for all your applications that are being associated with each database.
- Now you have to check whether you have enable the audit facility, you have to take the backup of the audit configuration of all your instances with the help you the following command:
DB2audit describe > audit_instance-name.cfg
- cp –R $INSTHOME/sqllib/functions $INSTHOME/routine backup now this command will help you to take backup of all external routines that are being produced with the help of default path in UNIX operating systems.
- GET DATABASE MANAGER CONFIGURATION command will help you to take the backup of database manager configuration and that will also redirect the command output to a file which will later saves all the settings for every particular instance.
db2 GET DBM CFG > dbm_instname
- GET DATABASE CONFIGURATION command will help you to take the backup of manager configuration and that will also redirect the command output to a file will later saves all the settings for every particular instance.
db2 GET DB CFG FORdatabase alias
SHOW DETAIL > db_database_alias
Hope this article will help you in configuring DB2 after taking backup