From what I see, certification does not guarantee a job, or a better salary over others who are non-certified, so apart from improving on one's fundas, it really has no value in the job market. The only exception may be if one wants to work in Dubai (so I have heard), where they insist on certification.
i am at present working in FICO in a good IT company. When I joined about an year ago, it was as a functional trainee at a low salary. However, before being accepted here, i had scouted around in Pune for such an opportunity and found that many people were merely interested in making money out of people like me. They would ask for some amount of say, Rs.1,00,000 or more and say that I would work on "self support" basis for 6 months on some implementation project and then after that IF my appraisal was favourable, they would consider paying me salary on further projects. This was obviously a scam. Moreover, i later came to know that the projects were dummy projects and I would not gain any knowledge or get any learning out of them!
My suggestion is that, as you already work in an organisation where SAP is implemented, widen your knowledge base by interacting with other users and learning from them. In a few months you should not only be able to process their transactions, but also gain an overall knowledge of the business processes and their implications on FI.
Later you can search for some kind of trainee position which would pay YOU not the organisation training you! Your end-user experience will stand you in good stead at that time and will be your strong selling point.
All the best in your ventures and be on your guard for such cheats!
- Performing Modification Adjustment for SAP Support Packages
- DB6: Inst. of SAP NetWeaver 7.3 - UNIX
- Save Cost and Time on SAP Upgrade with Streamlined Manual Testing
- Automatic assignment of products in SMSY
- Too few messages in Message Monitoring
- How to get error logs while upgrading NetWeaver
- OutOfMemoryError during selection of many messages
- Dynamic File selection in Info package
- XI: Message display in message monitoring does not work
- Hybrid Inheritance Sample Program in C++
- IS SAP Certification Compulsory for Getting Jobs
- Certification is a must for a to get a job in Abap
- Certification Exam basic qualification or requirement
- Is it required to hold a MBA - HR degree to do SAP HR/HCM certification course?
- Certification Demo Test links
- Information Required on Course Modules
- Required background jobs
- SAP Certification for Legal Field
- SOLMAN REQUIREMENT
- SAP Basis Certification Notes